+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 77 FirstFirst ... 10505152535455565758596061626364656667686970 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Jennifer Hudson - FINALIST

Jennifer Holiday did not create Efie; Efie is loosely based on Florence Ballards life and her tragic outcome when she was with the Supremes.
    I think Holliday believes she created Effie because she's the one who fought for Effie to have a comeback (and more songs) rather than die after the first act. But despite her involvement in developing the character, she doesn't own the role. She should be happy that JHud won an Oscar for playing a character she helped create. I just don't understand why she has to be so bitter.

Jolly's Journal rocks! davidbird's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Asylum-ECT-girl;2259529;
    Well I saw Diana Ross in an interview saying she didn't see the play nor the movie; she is considering seeing it though, with her lawyer! She wonders if she should be "paid" for them using her likeness and autobiography. Jennifer Holiday did not create Efie; Efie is loosely based on Florence Ballards life and her tragic outcome when she was with the Supremes.

I haven't even seen the play or movie yet; but from the articles I have read, Motown and others are upset over their depictions. Notice the movie could not use any Motown songs? That would have made the movie much better if they had.
    I thought Diana Ross was just joking around when she said that. What specifically did you read that Motown was upset about? Just curious.

And I agree with the above poster that a movie based on a musical doesn't necessarily need Motown hits. There was so much music in the movie I don't know where they would have put it.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Some former Motown artists, like Smokey Robinson say that the alleges bad behavior by Berry Gordy (Jamie Foxx's character).

I thought Diana Ross was just joking around when she said that.
    No, I think she was kind of serious. From what I've heard, Diana Ross has never been supportive of Dream Girls.

FORT Fan
    DOS: Jennifer Hudson Visits 'Idol' Finalists
    Posted by Laura Saltman March 05 at 02:29 PM | Comments (0)

She may not have thanked "American Idol" during her acceptance speech at the Oscars last Sunday but fortunately, Jennifer Hudson, still keeps the show in her heart, "I give Idol credit because they are that platform. They were that platform and people didn't always have that. I have relatives that can sing up a wall but they are too old to be seen or to go on a show like that."

Hudson talked to Shaun Robinson, on Friday night, at the NAACP Image Awards where she won for Best Supporting Actress and even gave a shout out on stage to Idol judge Randy Jackson, "I'd like to thank the NAACP, and let's not forget Randy over here, for picking me as a wild card for American Idol!"

She does make it clear however that it was "Dreamgirls" director, Bill Condon, who discovered her as an actress and Idol can't take credit for that.

Hudson told Shaun that she paid a visit to the Top 20 contestants on Thursday night, "It was on elimination day. So, I thought that was the perfect time to do so because I was always in the bottom three."

The contestants were sitting around in the green room when in trotted Hudson to surprise them, "I just walked in like 'Oh my god, I'm so nervous I'll be eliminated' and they looked up and they went crazy. So, it was a lot of fun. The last thing I said was its alright if you are eliminated. Take it from me it's ok. So, they can be reminded its not the end of the world."

Jennifer claims she went to the show simply to meet the kids with no intention of it being filmed. It was taped however (surprise, surprise) and will most likely air on the show this week. One person she did not have an encounter with was judge Simon Cowell, who ironically that same night during a panel discussion at the Museum of Television and Radio made it clear he took issue with Hudson's recent comments about the show where she called it "just a stepping stone."

Hudson told Shaun, "Simon was hiding from me. I think he was in his trailer or something."

Blogs | Access Hollywood: DOS: Jennifer Hudson Visits 'Idol' Finalists

FORT Fan
    Jennifer Hudson's New Acting Wish
    LOS ANGELES (March 5, 2007) -- She won an Oscar for her portrayal of Effie White in "Dreamgirls," and now actress Jennifer Hudson reveals she's already eyeing up her next, emotional part.

At the NAACP Awards last weekend, Hudson told Access Hollywood she wants a role in the dramatic tale of a famous baseball hero, reinvisioned on the big screen.

"As far as film, I want to do the Jackie Robinson story," she told Access' Shaun Robinson.'

Robinson, the player starred as himself in the original version of the movie, which hit first hit theatres in 1950.

It is not known what part Hudson would want to take on, but she said the story of the man who broke baseball's color barrier, affected her deeply.

"It tells of greatness and our history," she said. "That means something to me."

Access Hollywood | Jennifer Hudson's New Acting Wish | Celebrity and Hollywood News

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar
    I really really like Jennifer. Always have since I first saw her on AI3. But I am getting a little tired of her whining about Simon. I agree that sometimes he was a bit more critical than I thought necessary, and I remember one time wondering what his problem was. But he gave her high praise at times too. Has she completely forgotten that? Maybe her last performance got a bad critique from him, and that's freshest in her mind. And it might have been when she did "Weekend in New England" (Barry Manilow). I didn't really care for her rendition either. But her rendition of "Circle of Life" must be one of the best in the whole history of AI. Too bad she couldn't have recorded the original. Better than Elton John's. BTW - Simon loved it too.

The more famous she gets, the less I seem to like her. Does she really think that Simon was hiding from her in his trailer? That's quite pathetic if she is already that full of herself.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug123;2266964;
    Jennifer Hudson's New Acting Wish
    LOS ANGELES (March 5, 2007) -- She won an Oscar for her portrayal of Effie White in "Dreamgirls," and now actress Jennifer Hudson reveals she's already eyeing up her next, emotional part.

At the NAACP Awards last weekend, Hudson told Access Hollywood she wants a role in the dramatic tale of a famous baseball hero, reinvisioned on the big screen.

"As far as film, I want to do the Jackie Robinson story," she told Access' Shaun Robinson.'

Robinson, the player starred as himself in the original version of the movie, which hit first hit theatres in 1950.

It is not known what part Hudson would want to take on, but she said the story of the man who broke baseball's color barrier, affected her deeply.

"It tells of greatness and our history," she said. "That means something to me."

Access Hollywood | Jennifer Hudson's New Acting Wish | Celebrity and Hollywood News
    That gave me a good laugh. Jackie already did HIS story, who does she think shes gonna play in this 'film', Last I looked Jackie was male and an athlete. JHud for as much as I like her, is neither.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

FORT Fogey
    Hudson talked to Shaun Robinson, on Friday night, at the NAACP Image Awards where she won for Best Supporting Actress and even gave a shout out on stage to Idol judge Randy Jackson, "I'd like to thank the NAACP, and let's not forget Randy over here, for picking me as a wild card for American Idol!"

She does make it clear however that it was "Dreamgirls" director, Bill Condon, who discovered her as an actress and Idol can't take credit for that.
    And Bill Condon would never have known she existed had it not been for AI. AI was not "just a step", it was "the" step. Sorry, hon.

+ Reply to Thread