+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 77 FirstFirst ... 6464748495051525354555657585960616263646566 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Jennifer Hudson - FINALIST

FORT Fogey
    No one coming out of Idol would be where they are without idol. Not a single one.

Was Jennifer Hudson actively working on a singing career? Clay, Fantasia, Carrie, etc.?

A few Idols had been trying to make a go of things prior to the show, e.g. Kelly, Chris, Taylor, Diana, Katherine, and Bo who were making the rounds trying to get a musical career going. These folks MAY have made it without Idol only because they were at least tying, but odds are, they wouldn't have been successful without the show.

Sorry, but AI gave these people their breaks. Each and every one of them. And each and every one of them owes the show at least THAT.

On the flip side, success after the show has NOTHING to do with Idol - and EVERYTHING to do with management, career choices, and LUCK. Jennifer got lucky with Dream Girls. She would NEVER have been on the radar without Idol and she would never have known about the audition without idol. Still, she new to try out and work hard along the way. So, AI got her there, but she made it work after the fact.
    Last edited by Jexter; 02-26-2007 at 01:32 AM.

Some retard reporter on one of the backstage post-Oscar shows just asked JHud about Britney Spears. JHud was on the spot with "I'll pray for her but its really none of my business". Die scumball reporter! Die! The same jerk asked her why men "are called competitive but women catty". Her initial answer was to give him a blank stare and say "because we are acting catty"? Then she gave the putz the traditional answer he was fishing for about it being unfair.

JHud was wearing yet ANOTHER dress, by the way. One better than the Red Carpet one, but not as good as the performance one.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by roses4me;2256425;
    I didn't see her accept her award, but I bet she didn't thank AI for helping her become a star. Her silver jacket I saw in a picture looked silly, but the rest of the dress was stunning.
    Not at the show, but when Barbara asked her if she would thank Simon, she said she would probably thank AI as a whole. She said that without AI Dreamgirls would not have known who she was to give her a call to audtion. So, all things considered, I respect her for acknowledging that.
    "A pessimist is an optimist with experience." --Chuck Daly

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2256551;

JHud was wearing yet ANOTHER dress, by the way. One better than the Red Carpet one, but not as good as the performance one.
    Wasn't it the same red carpet dress without the stupid jacket?
    "A pessimist is an optimist with experience." --Chuck Daly

Quote Originally Posted by PurrpleCat;2256574;
    Several commentators, including some fashion designer, specifically made a point of saying it was a third dress. They were joking about how many costume changes she had to make tonight.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Didn't like the speech, didn't like the dress, her performance reminded me why she got voted off of AI - all that boring screaming and look-at-me-I'm-a-diva attitude - and I didn't like her comment backstage when asked if she was surprised by her win saying: "You can never be too sure." Too sure? Even Scorsese would not have said that. Now she says she wants to be an actress. Whatever.

I have two words for Jennifer: Marisa Tomei.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Quote Originally Posted by PurrpleCat;2256574;
    No. After the show she changed into a metallic dress that was actually quite pretty (what I saw of it.)

The performance dress was gorgeous... the best, most flattering dress I think I've seen her wear.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2256384;
    Now the endless debate begins...

Does an Oscar trump a Grammy, or the other way around?
    I think it depends on what's more important - a singing career or an acting career. They're both prestigeous awards, but for different talents. Apples and oranges.

I just love Jennifer. Great voice, and from what I've seen, great personality. But different people like different personalities. She was one of my top 3 favorites in AI3.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;2256646;
    Didn't like the speech, didn't like the dress, her performance reminded me why she got voted off of AI - all that boring screaming and look-at-me-I'm-a-diva attitude - and I didn't like her comment backstage when asked if she was surprised by her win saying: "You can never be too sure." Too sure? Even Scorsese would not have said that. Now she says she wants to be an actress. Whatever.

I have two words for Jennifer: Marisa Tomei.

you are being a bit harsh there.
    give her some credits

Jolly's Journal rocks! davidbird's Avatar
    I was happy Jennifer won, and I liked her on AI 3, but I have to say her singing performance at the Oscars highlighted why she got cut from Idol early--her tendency to scream and oversing to the point where she gets incoherent. I think she truly has a great voice, I wish she wouldn't overdo things like that.

+ Reply to Thread