+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 77 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Jennifer Hudson - FINALIST

Her acceptance speech made me cry. Jennifer
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Now the endless debate begins...

Does an Oscar trump a Grammy, or the other way around?

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I think an Oscar is bigger than a grammy. IMO
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

I didn't see her accept her award, but I bet she didn't thank AI for helping her become a star. Her silver jacket I saw in a picture looked silly, but the rest of the dress was stunning.
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

FORT Fogey
    Great job, Jennifer!

Quote Originally Posted by roses4me;2256425;
    I didn't see her accept her award, but I bet she didn't thank AI for helping her become a star.
    Nope.

And I don't blame her a bit.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

She didn't have time to thank AI imo. She was caught up in the moment and flustered.

She sang really well on the Barbara Walters special acapella, and then on the show. Ummm, winning Supporting Actress can be the kiss of death, but she's definitely a star if this her only little gold man.

Oscar beats Grammy...yep.
    Why is it boys talk so much, when they have nothing to say? And girls have plenty to say, but no one will listen?
    --Vada Sultenfuss

hopefully, the Jennifer Hudson coverage will come to an end. It was a given she was gonna win with all these media coverages. I thought her acceptance speech was overly dramatic and staged. Didn't feel as genuine as her golden globe speech.

Quote Originally Posted by roses4me;2256425;
    I didn't see her accept her award, but I bet she didn't thank AI for helping her become a star.

but did it? I thought the same thing initially.. she got her start on Idol, but then I realized that aside from making her recognizable, it didn't help her at all, or Fantasia probably would have gotten the role, since she did try for it.

In the end, I also don't blame her a bit, and I don't think she owes them for becoming a star since AI didn't help at all.

I can still remember simon's rude dismissal of her when she got kicked off saying something along the lines of "who cares? No one will remember who got kicked off in 7th place" on the show.

She wasn't my favorite, so I wasn't crushed.. but she doesn't owe them anything...
    "Man is Elyse [top model] ever thin. Makes me want to go to the gym. Right after I eat my sandwich." - Giz
    "Every time you donít buy CoverGirl cosmetics, Jesus cries" - SnowflakeGirl
    "And I'm also tired of people saying "OMG I'LL NEVER WATCH AGAIINNN". Come on now. ANTM is cocaine and you are the lindsay lohans who crave it" - queenegoist

Well, AI did get her more recognizable....

+ Reply to Thread