+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 77 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Jennifer Hudson - FINALIST

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    Nice Pics Bama, JHud has become a true vision of grace and a real class act. I would love nothing more then to see her win an Oscar (& and make Beyonce cry, sorry not a fan of hers).

I will admit I wasn't a huge fan of her on Idol.. but she has so won me over now. This is such a joy to see her like this and how she has matured as a person and a singer. She has been blessed with considerable talent and its nice to see her coming in to her own.. Idol win or not!

Way to go Jennifer!
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

I keep remembering her season on Idol when she wore wierd outfits designed by a friend and made hideous faces while singing. A few years of maturity and learning some style from the professionals has made a world of difference.
    Count your blessings!

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    She did make ugly faces while she sang. She also showed her disgust with the voting. I didn't like her much back then. She has matured.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Link Here

Jennifer Hudson Calls American Idol Abusive
    THURSDAY FEBRUARY 01, 2007 08:35 AM EST

Jennifer Hudson has won Golden Globe and SAG awards – and is up for an Oscar – for her role in Dreamgirls – despite what she describes as an abusive experience on American Idol.

"On American Idol, you go through this mental thing; you've got to get yourself back together. You've been abused, misled and brainwashed to believe whatever they want you to think," Hudson, 25, tells the new issue of Essence.

"You become a character – I became the girl in the turkey wrapping." (On one episode, she wore an unflattering outfit that earned that label.) "I just knew I had to sing my way out of it. I don't believe in looking back, and I didn't look back."

Hudson also dismisses rumors that there was tension on the Dreamgirls set between herself and costar Beyoncé Knowles. "We clicked from day one," she says.

She says she, Knowles and their fellow Dreamgirl Anika Noni Rose bonded over the fact that they're all Virgos, and all have a mole in the same spot on the left side of their necks.

"It's amazing to me that God took three different women from three different walks of life and created the Dreamgirls," Hudson says. "We were meant to be together. When you look at us, you see it's all connected. I'm loving Beyoncé."

Knowles has also dismissed feud rumors, telling reporters in December: "It's really unfortunate that everyone is saying I'm jealous of Jennifer. ... Because I'm a star they just automatically assume that I'm not humble enough to sit down and take a back seat, which I am."
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2223281;
    I keep remembering her season on Idol when she wore wierd outfits designed by a friend and made hideous faces while singing. A few years of maturity and learning some style from the professionals has made a world of difference.
    And kudos to her for hiring a great stylist -- whether by saavy or pure dumb luck. She looks way better on the red carpet than so many of the seasoned professionals.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2223411;
    Link Here

Jennifer Hudson Calls American Idol Abusive
    THURSDAY FEBRUARY 01, 2007 08:35 AM EST

Knowles has also dismissed feud rumors, telling reporters in December: "It's really unfortunate that everyone is saying I'm jealous of Jennifer. ... Because I'm a star they just automatically assume that I'm not humble enough to sit down and take a back seat, which I am."
    An even more humble thing to do would be to not refer to yourself as a star. Many celebrities will admit they are celebrities, but very few go on the record proclaiming themselves a "star," even if they're a superstar.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky;2223473;
    An even more humble thing to do would be to not refer to yourself as a star. Many celebrities will admit they are celebrities, but very few go on the record proclaiming themselves a "star," even if they're a superstar.
    Yeah that didn't sit well with me either.. This just adds to the many reasons why i can't stand her.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Jennifer Hudson will be singing at this years Academy Awards.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornedbeef;2223485;
    Jennifer Hudson will be singing at this years Academy Awards.
    Any word as to which of the three songs nominated from Dreamgirls she'll be singing?
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;2223489;
    Any word as to which of the three songs nominated from Dreamgirls she'll be singing?
    She will be singing "Love You I Do".

+ Reply to Thread