+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 77 FirstFirst ... 383940414243444546474849505152535455565758 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Jennifer Hudson - FINALIST

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbat;2207042;
    She just did!
    When, where, who.....details Dogbat, we need details!

Umm... roses.... Dogbat was referring to her role in Dreamgirls which is more than just based upon Florence Ballard's life.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Um, I know Effie was based on Florence, but in my original post I was hoping that she'd be asked to play the real Florence Ballard in a movie. So Dogbat's post made it seem as if Jennifer was going to do just that.

Why would Jennifer want to repeat herself? It would not be good for her career.

Yes I know that Effie and Florence don't have identical stories. But they are close enough.

If she intends to keep doing movies she has to go for a straight up dramatic role next, I agree. But something totally different. Musicals are hard to dig up (What's she going to do? "Ain't Misbehavin'"?) And a comedy really isn't a good idea this early in her acting career.

So a drama it should be. But even so, Florence Ballard is too close to what she just did, subject-wise.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Since Daughtry sang the National Anthem at the Bears/Saints game ... it would be great if they invited Jennifer Hudson to sing it at the Super Bowl. After all ... she is from Chicago, and both teams are from the Midwest !
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;2212209;
    Since Daughtry sang the National Anthem at the Bears/Saints game ... it would be great if they invited Jennifer Hudson to sing it at the Super Bowl. After all ... she is from Chicago, and both teams are from the Midwest !
    Billy Joel has the honor of that one. Prince is the halftime entertainer.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2208282;
    Why would Jennifer want to repeat herself? It would not be good for her career.

Yes I know that Effie and Florence don't have identical stories. But they are close enough.

If she intends to keep doing movies she has to go for a straight up dramatic role next, I agree. But something totally different. Musicals are hard to dig up (What's she going to do? "Ain't Misbehavin'"?) And a comedy really isn't a good idea this early in her acting career.

So a drama it should be. But even so, Florence Ballard is too close to what she just did, subject-wise.
    Jennifer Hudson will get other offers and as long as the script is good, it shouldn't matter what genre of movie she chooses to do next.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornedbeef;2212224;
    Jennifer Hudson will get other offers and as long as the script is good, it shouldn't matter what genre of movie she chooses to do next.
    It isn't about whether or not she gets offers. Most actors are very careful about not getting typecast. They feel it limits the offers they get--particularly later in their career. So many of them are, rightfully, extra-careful, particularly at the height of their popularity when they can call the shots.

And even if there isn't an existing pattern to be typecast around, early roles are still important in setting the tone of your career. Use the example of Deena in the movie if you must. Did she want to embark on her career in a flashy spectacle ("Cleopatra") or in a drama which would show she could stretch her acting? Jennifer is in much the same place as Deena, except that in her case there's the caveat that its more a fear of appearing one-dimensional in her abilities than picking the wrong initial role driving her. The smart move is to differentiate her next role from her first, while she's at the peak of her ability to pick and choose, so that she will have the widest possible range of talent on exhibit if that power starts to wane.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fan

Simon on Jennifer

Hudson "should come back on and gloat," Cowell says. "You gotta remember I was one of her main supporters in the beginning. If it hadn't been for 'Idol,' she wouldn't have been picked to do 'Dreamgirls.' The public voted her off, not me, [although] I don't think she was good enough to win the year she was on."

http://www.suntimes.com/entertainment/223843,CST-FTR-elf23.article

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Today is the day when the Oscar nominations are announced!!!

Lets hope Jennifer's name is on that list!!!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread