+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 77 FirstFirst ... 373839404142434445464748495051525354555657 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Jennifer Hudson - FINALIST

Gut, that's great to hear. I bought the cd and it seemed a little underwhelming to me. I will go see it on your say-so! Thanks!!

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    I loved that she mentioned Florence Ballard, whom Effie was based on.
    My parents have never been huge fans of Berry Gordy because of what happened to Florence Ballard.
    They say she was a much better singer than Diana Ross.
    Last edited by rt1ky; 01-16-2007 at 12:52 PM.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky;2206116;
    I loved that she mentioned Florence Ballard, whom Effie was based on.
    My parents have never been huge fans of Berry Gordy because of what happened to Florence Ballard.
    They say she was a much better singer than Diana Ross.
    but diana was more commercial

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00;2206133;
    but diana was more commercial
    True, but Florence has a lot of trouble dealing with that rejection and unfortunately she died not too many years later. For three friends from the same neighborhood who grew up together, that was tought on her. My parents just sympathize with her.

Don't forget that Diana and Barry Gordy had a daughter together. (She looks just like him). Perhaps Florence wouldn't fool around with him?

I hope Jennifer is offered a chance to play Florence in a movie. That would be awesome!

You GO, home-girl ! Sorry ... but Jennifer is from Chicago and I was initially rooting for her on AI on that (biased) principal ... but then on pure talent.
    I thought she got the short end on AI and I am SO glad to see her reality be even greater than her dream ! Good for her !
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I am proud of Jen's performance in Dreamgirl and she deserves the winning at the Globes, if only she were this lucky during Idol, but I guess there's a silver lining every cloud, haha
    All Hail Omarosa

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by roses4me;2206958;

I hope Jennifer is offered a chance to play Florence in a movie. That would be awesome!
    She just did!

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar
    I am so happy for Jennifer Hudson! She got an amazing break and took full advantage of it. Congrats to her on the Golden Globe... I definitely think an Oscar nomination (at least) is coming for her. I hope that she will continue to take advantage of the doors that are opening for her... and I'm sure the Golden Globe will open many more opportunities.
    Even just winning the Dreamgirl role allowed her to make many connections in the industry - she has now worked with Eddie Murphy and Beyonce among others.
    Go Jen!!!

I'm so proud & happy for her. I knew she had it in the bag after everything I've heard about her in the movie. I can't wait to see it! Whatcha wanna bet she gets the Oscar too?

+ Reply to Thread