+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 77 FirstFirst ... 353637383940414243444546474849505152535455 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Jennifer Hudson - FINALIST

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

'DREAM' COME TRUE
    Also making the scene at the Film Critics Circle Awards, Dreamgirls star Jennifer Hudson, who walked away with the prize for best supporting actress. "Who cares what Simon Cowell has to say?" the American Idol castoff joked as she accepted her trophy.

People
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2205064;

'DREAM' COME TRUE
    Also making the scene at the Film Critics Circle Awards, Dreamgirls star Jennifer Hudson, who walked away with the prize for best supporting actress. "Who cares what Simon Cowell has to say?" the American Idol castoff joked as she accepted her trophy.

People

Well, I'm glad for Jennifer Hudson and I am not a fan of Cowell. But I find it EXTREMELY annoying when former AI contestants are trying to disrespect the show that gave them am exposure.

No matter what any of them say this is the "American idol" which made them "visible" to the general public. So say something nice or don't mention AI at all.

AI gave them THE exposure. Live with it.

Without AI they were nobody.

Oh I don't think she meant any disrespect to Simon...I think it was more of dishing out a little of what Simon gives!

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...
    Quote Originally Posted by Justafan1;2205341;
    Well, I'm glad for Jennifer Hudson and I am not a fan of Cowell. But I find it EXTREMELY annoying when former AI contestants are trying to disrespect the show that gave them am exposure.

No matter what any of them say this is the "American idol" which made them "visible" to the general public. So say something nice or don't mention AI at all.

AI gave them THE exposure. Live with it.

Without AI they were nobody.
    While I agree with you in general, I think Jennifer's comment was directed at Simon rather than at AI. I don't remember Simon's exact words (and hopefully, someone here will help), but he pretty much told her she wasn't good enough. I like Simon, but I don't mind if someone calls him on the carpet now and again.

There was an article a while back where Simon was basically admitting he was wrong about Jennifer and said he would eat his words about what he had previously said about her. He admitted he was wrong and even apologized to her. It's been an ongoing "joke" since then. Notice the above article said:

"Who cares what Simon Cowell has to say?" the American Idol castoff joked as she accepted her trophy.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Jennifer is the only reason I am watching the Golden Globes tonight. After her category is presented I will probably turn the channel. It's so nice to root for the new girl who isn't the typical Hollywood, skeletal, ego-maniac diva.

ETA: She won! Congrats Jennifer!
    Last edited by rt1ky; 01-15-2007 at 08:03 PM.

Jennifer Hudson just won the Golden Globe for best supporting actress in a motion movie. I liked her acceptance speech.

FORT Fogey
    Congratulations Jennifer!

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    I also liker her speech. I'm thrilled for her.

I, unfortunately, missed her speech!
    My 5 year old excited nephew brought in a brand new puppy, a Boston Terrier, right at the time Jennifer almost fell into George Clooney's arms going up to give her acceptance speech!
    She looked pretty..she seemed fairly poised and I feel like a proud mama watching her win that award!!

+ Reply to Thread