+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 77 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142434445464748495051525354 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Jennifer Hudson - FINALIST

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar
    Saw Dreamgirls two nights in a row this past weekend and was floored by Jennifer's performance. The movie itself was excellent, but Jennifer outshined them all. This is HER movie, handsdown. All of her performances were phenominal and sent chills down my spine and brought tears to my eyes. Left me speechless. At least this year I'll have an excuse to watch the Golden Globes (and hopefully the Oscars too) just to root for her.

If anyone's in Detroit this Saturday... GM is putting on a "GM Style" event that is celebrating cars and stars as a precursor to the International Auto Show. We've got a big "tent" set up on the waterfront just east of the RenCen. Jennifer is going to be one of the celebrity models, so people might be able to catch a glimpse of her arriving.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Jennifer was nominated for a SAG award this morning!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    http://www.people.com/people/gallery...6274_2,00.html

LIVING THE 'DREAM'
    Jennifer Hudson takes the stage at ABC's Good Morning America on Thursday, where the Golden Globe and as of this morning SAG Award nominee for Dreamgirls performed. "It's a feeling you can't get used to ... it feels good," Hudson said of her newfound success.

Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

She really is a beautiful young woman. I am glad that AI helped her to get the attention she needed to get ahead.

Heads up:

Jennifer will be one of the co-hosts on The View Monday, January 8 and she will also be a guest on David Letterman that night!

ROLL WITH IT
    The high life suits Dreamgirls star and Golden Globe favorite! Jennifer Hudson, who poses next to a customized Rolls-Royce Phantom at a private Beverly Hills bash on Thursday.

People magazine

Just saw Dream Girls and Jennifer was so amazing. I hope the best for her in all the upcoming awards shows. How she could possibly considered a "supporting actress" in that movie is beyond me.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2204045;
    Just saw Dream Girls and Jennifer was so amazing. I hope the best for her in all the upcoming awards shows. How she could possibly considered a "supporting actress" in that movie is beyond me.
    Entertainment politics.

Luckily for her, those same politics will help her win it possibly, since her designated category is less full with other favorites.

Its a bit odd in many ways. If they simply claim that actors "above the title" are the stars and those "below" the supporting actors, then that doesn't explain why "above the title" Eddie Murphy is up for best supporting actor. As far as screen-time goes, that fits his performance though, so its almost like they've mixed and matched the two standards (title placement and screen-time) depending on how it served the actor's chances of getting awards.

It has to be a consolation to Jennifer though that she got the famed "Introducing" card at the end. Rather than being a slap in the face, the "Introducing" card is famous for being a tacit but well known acknowledgment that an actor SHOULD have been above the title based on their presence and performance in the film, but wasn't because they were too new to the business. It's kind of the inverse of the "Special Appearance by" card, where a big star is in a film, but gets shoved to the end of the credits because of lack of screen-time.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Thanks for the explanation (I always wondered about the "special appearance by" line). I agree it will help her chances of winning an award (and boy does she deserve it!) but it still rankles.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread