+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 77 FirstFirst ... 333435363738394041424344454647484950515253 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Jennifer Hudson - FINALIST

I saw Jennifer on Leno a few weeks ago. I liked the fact she seemed to be herself and not some Hollywood pubicist creation. She didn't pretend to be something she wasn't unlike many in the entertainment industry. She joked about her past music jobs which were pretty humble - like having to dress as a Disney character while she was singing on a cruise line. That must have been demoralizing. All of which makes me wish her success lasts. One movie will not build a lasting career so I hope Jennifer will make the most of this current success.

I've always wondered why no one signed her after all the hoopala about her boot from AI. If so many thought she was so great why weren't they beating down her door? Good for her for nabbing this role and doing such a great job and for finally getting a record deal.

Quote Originally Posted by RubyRed;2187224;
    I saw Jennifer on Leno a few weeks ago. I liked the fact she seemed to be herself and not some Hollywood pubicist creation. She didn't pretend to be something she wasn't unlike many in the entertainment industry. She joked about her past music jobs which were pretty humble - like having to dress as a Disney character while she was singing on a cruise line. That must have been demoralizing. All of which makes me wish her success lasts. One movie will not build a lasting career so I hope Jennifer will make the most of this current success.

I've always wondered why no one signed her after all the hoopala about her boot from AI. If so many thought she was so great why weren't they beating down her door? Good for her for nabbing this role and doing such a great job and for finally getting a record deal.
    Many stars have had past lives that included dressing as Disney characters. I don't think it is demoralizing in the least. I wish Jennifer all the luck with her career & the Golden Globe nomination.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2187227;
    Many stars have had past lives that included dressing as Disney characters. I don't think it is demoralizing in the least. I wish Jennifer all the luck with her career & the Golden Globe nomination.
    Oh it could be. She said she didn't want to do it again. Although, I think it is good experience at the start of a professional career and she seemed to see it as such.

FORT Fogey
    I just saw Dreamgirls and let me say, JHud deserves every bit of the attention she is getting. Not only did she bring the house down vocally (no one compared to her), but she acted SUPERBLY. The "And I Am Telling You" scene is probably the best single scene on screen I have seen in a long time. Amazing. When she wasnt on screen, it was noticeable.

She looks absolutely gorgeous in those pictures! Dreamgirls isn't playing near me yet, so I went out and got the soundtrack today. Yum.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by DetGuy;2188408;
    Not only did she bring the house down vocally (no one compared to her), but she acted SUPERBLY. The "And I Am Telling You" scene is probably the best single scene on screen I have seen in a long time. Amazing. When she wasnt on screen, it was noticeable.
    Agreed! And don't forget "I Am Changing." Absolutely thrilled me. I missed Jennifer's season of Idol, so I didn't know if her Dreamgirls buzz was mostly hype or what, but now I can say that she deserves every bit of praise rained down on her. I know the film and music industries aren't knocking themselves out to accommodate a talent like Jennifer's, but I hope she can carve herself out a nice niche in the business.

This woman is a legend, her acting is wow and I'm not mentioning her singing. She has never had a bad performance. I love everything about her. The best to come out of AI!

FORT Fogey
    I love when the unknowns upstage the hotties. Kind of a route-for-the-underdog mentality. Go Jennifer!

I can't wait to see this -- just hearing her songs on the previews sends chills down my spine. I saw Beyonce interviewed on Regis and Kelly recently, and found it extremely interesting that they mentioned how great she (Beyonce) was in it, as well as Eddie Murphy, and Jamie Foxx. I thought it was glaringly obvious Jennifer's name was never uttered, and just speculating here, but I got the definite vibe Beyonce had put her on the No-No List. I know nothing about Beyonce, but if she were secure in her celebrity status, you'd think she'd be proud that she could help a new actress become so successful. I'm guessing she's got some major insecurities about her own talent. :nono
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

I just saw the Dreamgirls today and Jennifer's 3 solos (I am changing, I am Telling you and One night only) were phenomenal. Beyonce's and everyone else's performances were great but Jennifer just shined....in the closing credits, her name is presented last as Introducing Jennifer Hudson and she deserves it!

+ Reply to Thread