+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 77 FirstFirst ... 313233343536373839404142434445464748495051 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Jennifer Hudson - FINALIST

FORT Newbie
    Thanks, Pillbeam.
    Last edited by ShrinkingViolet; 01-17-2007 at 05:19 PM. Reason: Lingo

Im pretty sure you guys know the story behind Jennifer and her time on American Idol
    Mariah TLC Lil Kim Christina Jennifer Hudson Guy

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Season 5 red carpet

I'm a big fan of Jennifer's and can't wait to see her in the movies....if the movie is a big hit..maybe they can have her back on the show next season to sing!

Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

"Our" little Jennifer Hudson has sure grown up since we first saw her on AI........(I sound like a proud parent!!!) She's quite the sexy thing in these pics!

http://people.aol.com/people/article...565678,00.html

Beyoncé Denies Rumors of Jennifer Hudson Feud
    MONDAY DECEMBER 04, 2006 01:00PM EST

By Amy Longsdorf and Stephen M. Silverman

You can put those rumors of a feud on the set of Dreamgirls to rest. Beyoncé Knowles says that she and her costar Jennifer Hudson, of American Idol fame, didn't have bad blood while filming the movie.

"I knew that the character that I played wasn't the star," Knowles, 25, told reporters on Saturday about knowing full well that her Diana Ross-esque role of Deena Jones was less meaty than Hudson's part as Effie White – a part that is already getting Hudson Oscar buzz. "She wasn't the underdog. She didn't have the struggle and the pain and the dramatic scenes that Effie had, and I was fine with that."

Taking the role was about proving herself as an actress. "I'm already a star. I already have nine Grammys. Everyone knows I can sing," Knowles said. "I did this because I wanted people to know that I can act and I can play someone so different from myself."

So, what about the rumors of jealousy towards Hudson? "It's really unfortunate that everyone is saying I'm jealous of Jennifer. It hurts my heart because it's so clichéd. … They're saying that I'm mad when I knew going into this that I was playing Deena," said Knowles. "Because I'm a star they just automatically assume that I'm not humble enough to sit down and take a back seat, which I am."

But the R&B star did admit that she would have liked to have sung Effie's song, "And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going," a showstopper that, in large part, helped get Jennifer Holliday a Tony Award for best actress for the original 1981 Broadway version of Dreamgirls.

"I mean," said Knowles, "I wish I could've gained 20 pounds and played Effie."

Asked if she'd really have packed on the weight for the part, Knowles said, "Yes. I absolutely would have, but Bill (Condon, the movie's writer-director) didn't even believe that I could be Deena. So imagine if I would've said, 'Bill, I want to be Effie.' "

And Knowles has high praise for Hudson's portrayal of Effie. "Jennifer Hudson had such a pressure, first of all, never being in a film and never have done an album and still having to live up to those expectations," said Knowles. "She did incredible."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I love Beyonce but this article comes across as her sounding a little conceited...."I'm a star..I have nine Grammys....etc" Maybe its just me tho....

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...
    Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2166930;
    I love Beyonce but this article comes across as her sounding a little conceited...."I'm a star..I have nine Grammys....etc" Maybe its just me tho....
    I felt the same way when I read it. Add to that the "I wish I could've gained 20 pounds..." calling attention to the fact that Jennifer Hudson is a larger woman than she is, and it sounds kind of bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;2167349;
    I felt the same way when I read it. Add to that the "I wish I could've gained 20 pounds..." calling attention to the fact that Jennifer Hudson is a larger woman than she is, and it sounds kind of bad.
    I really don't think Beyonce means for it to sound bad but it just comes across that way!

I think Jennifer is gonna knock our socks off in this movie! And how awesome would it be for a former AI contestant to get a Oscar nod for best supporting actress.........cool, huh?!

Pic from screening of movie tonight in NYC (I think)

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...
    Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2167356;
    I really don't think Beyonce means for it to sound bad but it just comes across that way!

I'm sure you're right, but some of these people really need good PR people to tell them good from not-so-good.

I would love it if Jennifer won an Oscar - what a thrill!

Great picture too.

I heard that Beyonce lost 20 pounds for the role, so maybe she means that it would have been far more pleasant to put on 20 pounds and get the better role rather than have to starve yourself for the lesser role...

Regardless - I can't wait to see Jennifer in this! I thought she was amazing on AI and definitely my favorite on her season. What an amazing breakout role to have landed!
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

OTS! Jennifer Hudson was one of my favorites on AI3. We voted our fingers off for her, and my daughter and I were really disappointed when she left the show. I was so excited to see that Jennifer got the role of Effie, and every article I've read about the movie talks about what a wonderful job she did. The Oscar buzz is mounting for her performance - I really hope it's true.

As far as whether or not Beyonce is jealous, she probably is to a certain extent. After all, she had a career long before Jen and the role of Effie is a juicy part.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

+ Reply to Thread