+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 77 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Jennifer Hudson - FINALIST

Quote Originally Posted by addikted
    Um no, this isn't injustice. It's democracy. And if you've been watching the show for a while, you should've gotten used to it by now.

I for one couldn't be more pleased with the results. America has proven that we are not sheeps governed by the judges opinions. I've said it before- I don't agree with the judges' criteria for "good singing." Mumble the verse, shout out the chorus, hold a glory note...that's all it takes to please these 3 loons. Singing with tone, passion, charisma, believability...apparently, none of that matters as long as you can sing loud.

In 3 seasons of AI, I can't remember a performance I've hated more and received more unsubstantial praise from the judges than Jennifer's rendition of WINE. I can think of plenty performances that were technically worse, but none that completely slaughtered the essence of the original material the way that Jennifer did. And I know there are others here who are familiar with the original who would concur with me here. IMO there was nothing about Jennifer's performance that was better than Diana or Jasmine on Tuesday- Jennifer just sang louder, which for whatever reason the judges find more pleasing.

Do I think Jennifer is the least talented singer of this bunch? Absolutely not. Do I find Jennifer the least appealing? Absolutely. And should that be enough reason for her to go? Why not. Let's be real here...she had no chance of winning this competition anyway. So she gets a headstart on finding her next cruiseship to sing on now.
    Well, that's your opinion, but in my opinion, Jennifer had one of the best performances of the week! She could of pulled a K-LO!!! And yes, although we live in a democracy, the results were sickening. Worse than Nicole being dumped. Worse than Lisa being dumped! Even worse than Amy being cut out early!!!! Those 3 girls has no business whatsoever in the bottom 3!!!
    Get Fantasia's self titled CD, in stores now!!!

FORT Newbie
    I wouldn't call it an injustice either...but at the same time, it ain't no democracy. Democracy is one person one vote - we know this is not the case with AI3 or previous editions for that matter. The fact that Nikki Mckibbin, Josh Gracin, Carmen Rasmussen, John Stevens and JPL made it so far are proven examples of this.

Furthermore, to all those who enjoy pledging hundreds of votes for their fave (regardless it be Latoya or John Stevens), please prepare yourselves to fork out the money to purchase the same number of CD's by that artist - otherwise, don't do it because record labels are banking on that kind of support when the artist is signed. When the artist doesn't sell what the support indicated, the artist gets dropped and suffers. Think big picture.

FORT Fogey
    Ugh, I'm mad about Jennifer getting the boot! She was freakin' awesome. I'm done with voting though. I've come to the conclusion it doesn't matter anyway so what do I care? Even when I vote, people I like get the boot.

Ugh, I was devistated last week and while I'm not devistated this week, I'm angry! Why couldn't it have been Diana? Or John S? But I KNEW it wouldn't have been John. Pshhhh. No contestant gets voted off the following week after making a trip to the bottom 2.

American Idol has been a joke this season. I suppose things will be much better when JS and Diana get the boot.

Jennifer didn't deserve to go. Plain and simple. Being the 3rd person to go is now a jinx I guess.

If George goes next week, I am officially done with this show and I will watch the finale. That's it. I won't give a crap who wins then. Maybe I will find it in me to vote again.

Anyway, I think Jennifer will get a record deal! She has an awesome voice. Don't worry, she'll be back for more.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil_Cutie
    Ugh, I'm mad about Jennifer getting the boot! She was freakin' awesome. I'm done with voting though. I've come to the conclusion it doesn't matter anyway so what do I care? Even when I vote, people I like get the boot.

Ugh, I was devistated last week and while I'm not devistated this week, I'm angry! Why couldn't it have been Diana? Or John S? But I KNEW it wouldn't have been John. Pshhhh. No contestant gets voted off the following week after making a trip to the bottom 2.

American Idol has been a joke this season. I suppose things will be much better when JS and Diana get the boot.

Jennifer didn't deserve to go. Plain and simple. Being the 3rd person to go is now a jinx I guess.

If George goes next week, I am officially done with this show and I will watch the finale. That's it. I won't give a crap who wins then. Maybe I will find it in me to vote again.

Anyway, I think Jennifer will get a record deal! She has an awesome voice. Don't worry, she'll be back for more.
    Poor you, you lost a lot of your faves.... First, Colby & Ethan, then Troy and more recently JPL, now Jennifer!!! I remember when you loved Dave so much. I still think Dave is the man!!!

Jennifer's eviction just goes to show you how messed up AI is. They hype all this unnecessary drama to incresase the ratings. But AI3 is now suffering like BB4 is -- high ratings, but low quality. I watch reality TV for quality, not necessarily for ratings!!!!

Stand tall, Lil_Cutie, I am a long-time Reality TV watcher and I know how it feels to lose favorite after favorite. It happened to me in the Fall of 2001, but Jennifer is my first real casulity of the season, so you can say I've been fortunate so far!!!
    Get Fantasia's self titled CD, in stores now!!!

FORT Regular
    Jennifer is a magical singer who should go on to do AMAZING things. I have faith. My votes will now exclusively go to Fantasia. Jennifer was becoming my darling favorite, but what can we do, America is not voting based on talent or personality, but on demographics. The Hudson sang the best out of everyone Tuesday, she should know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanatic277
    :rolleyes I don't see what her weight has got to do with it, but i think she looks great. She wear's clothes that flatter her and i think she carries herself well.

For me the top priorities are the vocal talent and the performance.

I was very surprised and disappointed to see her go. For me, she wasn't one of those singers you can have pity on and think that she had an off 3+ weeks so let's give her another chance or that she just needs to get over her "nerves". She earned each week that she progressed. I'm guessing that through so many compliments, etc. that voters might have gotten a little confident in her processing, relaxed and thought that she was in the clear.

Farewell, Jennifer. I enjoyed your performances and I'm happy that you got even better while you were on the show. I believe that you will succeed and wish you well.
    Last edited by eldee; 04-22-2004 at 10:35 AM.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Well I'm bummed that Jennifer got the boot instead of Fantasia.

I only hope that some of Jennifer's fans move over to LaToya (though I really don't consider LaToya a "diva" or her style comparable to Jennifer's )
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil_Cutie
    American Idol has been a joke this season.
    Jennifer didn't deserve to go. Plain and simple.
    Agreed, Lil_Cutie!

I have very little faith in this show, the voters, and whomever tallies the votes.

Waah, why did Jennifer had to go?!

I'll miss you jennifer!! You were my favorite from the beginning!!!
    Something I wasn't sure of, but I was in the middle of, Something I forget now - Keane, This is the last time

Best wishes to Jennifer...she really is an American Idol diva with outstanding singing merits and a personality that really shines. It's America's lost...

+ Reply to Thread