+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 77 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Jennifer Hudson - FINALIST

I think Jennifer's voice, in the upper volumes, can sound extraordinary. But I'm not thrilled with her transitions from soft to loud--they're abrupt and not always in keeping with the sense of the song, in my opinion. LaToya, on the other hand, can negotiate those transitions very smoothly and appropriately. From watching AI for past 2 years, I've learned that vocal modulation is very difficult to do.

I enjoy FORTplay JayPea Patches's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanatic277
    :rolleyes I don't see what her weight has got to do with it, but i think she looks great. She wear's clothes that flatter her and i think she carries herself well.
    She's a large woman with a soulful voice !

When she's standing next to Ryan, he looks like a wimp! :rolleyes
    "An apple a day may keep the doctor at bay" ... but on top of that, an Apple™ consumer won't get any viruses either!!!

bop
    FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 4#24Jeff
    Sorry but I still think she's a rather fat , with a "Deeeeeeeep" voice.....She Would be good in "Phantom Of The Opera" though
    Have you ever seen phantom of the opera...your comment makes no sense in anyway

FORT Fogey
    Part of it did.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanatic277
    :rolleyes I don't see what her weight has got to do with it, but i think she looks great. She wear's clothes that flatter her and i think she carries herself well.
    Sometimes she wears clothes that flatter her, but that was not the case last night IMO. I do think bigger people need to wear clothing that accentuates their curves, and that there is no point in wearing a "tent". But that white jacket of hers was simply too small. The whole ensemble made her look unproportional .
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

i thought jennifer was amazing last night. when the show first began, i was not a fan. when she performed, to me, she always looked like the was either about to eat the audience or vomit. in the past three weeks, i think she's toned down her singing and her odd facial expressions enough to make her one of the best on the show. i definitely think the final three should be latoya, fantasia and jennifer.

I totally agree!

Quote Originally Posted by sher
    when she performed, to me, she always looked like the was either about to eat the audience or vomit.
    That was hilarious!

Okay, this show has GONE TOO FAR!!!!! First, Nicole was rejected into the 32, then Lisa was rejected into the 12 twice!!! Then we have this hokey-pokey wildcard round which did no good anyways, becuase 3 of the 4 "cards" have been discarded -- one right from the start!!! Then we have the Amy Adams fiasco!!! Now we have the diva fiasco!!! I am furious at this!!! I know adidas is going to hate to hear this, but I don't care if you hate the divas that you want to scream your throut out -- this is injustice at its worst!!!!

Jennifer, you will someday be the pop star you so deserve to be!!!! These results were like watching a train wreck!!!! This is not the end for you, Jennifer -- only the beginning (once AI3 is long and gone with, of course!)

Whew!!! Had to get that out in the open!!!! Is anyone with me on the injustice of AI3? I know that there are a lot of you that feel the same way as me!
    Get Fantasia's self titled CD, in stores now!!!

Um no, this isn't injustice. It's democracy. And if you've been watching the show for a while, you should've gotten used to it by now.

I for one couldn't be more pleased with the results. America has proven that we are not sheeps governed by the judges opinions. I've said it before- I don't agree with the judges' criteria for "good singing." Mumble the verse, shout out the chorus, hold a glory note...that's all it takes to please these 3 loons. Singing with tone, passion, charisma, believability...apparently, none of that matters as long as you can sing loud.

In 3 seasons of AI, I can't remember a performance I've hated more and received more unsubstantial praise from the judges than Jennifer's rendition of WINE. I can think of plenty performances that were technically worse, but none that completely slaughtered the essence of the original material the way that Jennifer did. And I know there are others here who are familiar with the original who would concur with me here. IMO there was nothing about Jennifer's performance that was better than Diana or Jasmine on Tuesday- Jennifer just sang louder, which for whatever reason the judges find more pleasing.

Do I think Jennifer is the least talented singer of this bunch? Absolutely not. Do I find Jennifer the least appealing? Absolutely. And should that be enough reason for her to go? Why not. Let's be real here...she had no chance of winning this competition anyway. So she gets a headstart on finding her next cruiseship to sing on now.

+ Reply to Thread