+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 77 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Jennifer Hudson - FINALIST

Quote Originally Posted by cool_kitty
    Jennifer is talented.. very talented.. no two words abt it..
    but shes not the one ..
    sorry fans..

my prediction is Latoya...
    I am sorry, I am not trying to be rude, but do you have to put that your prediction is Latoya, even when noone is talking about anything that pertains to that. Like when you posted it in the huff thread for no reaso at all. You didn't even say an explanation. Just "my prediction is Latoya"
    Latoya London all the way!!!

Jennifer Hudson... you were robbed. I will miss you.

[QUOTE=SERENITY_NOW!]
    Quote Originally Posted by JayPea Patches
    Agreed on that part ... I think she is very talented, but something just doesn't work for me. She's just not very appealing to look at, if I must be honest. Fantasia is kinda unique and borderline exotic, and Latoya is angelic and beautiful, but Jennifer sometimes looks like she's constipated or has flatulence. Sorry Hudson fans, but it's kind of painful to watch her at times, but she is talented.

Kimberley Locke has a lovely smile (I'm not saying that SHE is lovely), and lots of personality ( - Simon, YOU SUCK!). That's what is missing to Jennifer.
    I think Jennifer has a great personality and she's very quirky and funny. For example when Simon made comments about her dress sense earlier, she started modeling them for him with her hands on her hips and twirling which i thought was hilarious. Also when Simon said he'd like to date her sister she replied "hey, i'll go get her for you", i think she has a great sense of humor.

As for Kimberley, i can't compare the two but one of the funniest moments from AI for me is when Simon said to her "I give you a four for personality" and Kimberley replied "well i give you a zero for personality"!

I enjoy FORTplay JayPea Patches's Avatar

WINE (Weekend In New England)

Great rendition of WINE by Jennifer tonight ... I was really moved ... she really re-made the song in an elegant R&B and pseudo-bluesy way ... I thought hers' was the best performance of the night ... she looked great tonight too, with her nice hairstyle and general makeover ... and no facial contortions due to flatulence either! :rolleyes
    "An apple a day may keep the doctor at bay" ... but on top of that, an Apple™ consumer won't get any viruses either!!!

She is really improving each week and her singing merits are growing on me. I hope she continues with such great intensity.

Yep...Jennifer is defintely improving. Jennifer will look great in my diva collection!!!
    Get Fantasia's self titled CD, in stores now!!!

I think that Jennifer did great tonight, best of the night IMO. What exactly is a gospel jaw, is that like when her jaw kinda wobbles up and down when she sings?
    Latoya London all the way!!!

Jennifer Hudson... you were robbed. I will miss you.

I enjoy FORTplay JayPea Patches's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolBud123
    What exactly is a gospel jaw, is that like when her jaw kinda wobbles up and down when she sings?
    To the best of my knowledge, gospel jaw is exactly as you have described. Here's an excerpt from another site I just dug up:

Jennifer, like Fantasia and LaToya, is one of the frontrunners in the competition simply because of her gender and race. Nigel and the Simons are trying to broaden their influence on the musical world and having an African-American woman on their label who American decided was their “idol” will suit their purposes just fine and dandy. Jennifer is a very strong contender in this competition- she has the voice for both down- and up-tempo songs and she seems, more than anybody else, genuinely grateful to be there. Her biggest problem is what Byrd called a “gospel jaw.” This is a fairly common practice among female singers who started performing in the early nineties, when Mariah and Whitney were the two hottest stars. It’s a technique taught by not-very-good vocal coaches in which the singer forcefully moves her chin to create a phony vibrato. An extreme example is Carmen Rasmusen of last year’s Idol, who had an unbelievably forced vibrato. Jennifer needs to stop this immediately and to get with a stylist about her wardrobe. Aside from these two minor complaints, she is in great shape. I would not be surprised at all to see her come out on top of everybody.
    Conversely, a singer such as Madonna is just the opposite from "gospel jaw". Hers' is cocked in a fixed position typically ... sans vibrato.
    "An apple a day may keep the doctor at bay" ... but on top of that, an Apple™ consumer won't get any viruses either!!!

I always thought Jennifer was too OTT, but her rendition of WINE gave new meaning to the phrase. WINE is a delicate, sentimental love ballad. Apparently, Jennifer forgot to read the lyrics and thought she was singing about female empowerment. I'm now convinced she could take "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" and pummel it into pieces.

The judges are awfully easy to please. It doesn't matter how off-key and abrasively you sing the verse, as long as you throw in some power notes in the chorus. Either that's their criteria or Simon is wielding his powers of manipulation to buy a little extra time on this show for Jennifer. He can set up a "battle of the divas" as he calls it, which is probably a more interesting storyline than "the crooner vs the bobo."

If she continues to improve, Jennifer may be the one to beat. LaToya is technically the best singer but is mechanical, Jennifer is not mechanical and sometimes get too wrapped up and goes OTT. Fantasia doesn't have Jennifer or LaToya's vocal ability but is a better performer. Jennifer might end up faking them both out and coming out ahead in being the middle of the two extremes. I'm glad Jennifer's survived long enough to grow and show off some of her potential. She's got a wonderfully warm vocal tone.

If anyone has heard her song from the American Idol cd, was it good? Thanx.
    Hey there idolbud! I've already downloaded jennifer's "neither one of us" from the ai3 album and she was technically superb but the song was a bit boring for my tastes....the finalist that really impressed me in the album was leah...hearing her rendition of "betcha by golly wow" made me understand (to a degree) why paula chose her.

+ Reply to Thread