+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 77 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323373 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Jennifer Hudson - FINALIST

Yup. Diana too.

Quote Originally Posted by Scillarella
    Yup. Diana too.
    I totally agree about Diana but not about Jennifer, but thats just my oppinion.
    Latoya London all the way!!!

Jennifer Hudson... you were robbed. I will miss you.

y'see im from the philippines and ai is delayed here by two weeks. they just finished showing the results show of country night here so i havent still seen circle of life...who knows?? maybe jen will step up in my list after i see ej night cos everyone's been raving about that performance.

I have liked every one of Jennifer's performances EXCEPT Circle of Life. I thought that was the one time she was too low and too dramatic. I was so surprised all the judges said that was her best.

Quote Originally Posted by Scillarella
    I have liked every one of Jennifer's performances EXCEPT Circle of Life. I thought that was the one time she was too low and too dramatic. I was so surprised all the judges said that was her best.
    I too wasn't completely sold on her Circle of Life performance. I thought it lacked "Jennifer", if you know what I mean? My personal Jennifer favorite from Jennifer was I bBelieve In You And Me.

I have liked every one of Jennifer's performances EXCEPT Circle of Life.
    yeah...ive downloaded the mp3 of circle of life and i wasn't impressed that much too but am willing to change my mind once i see it on tv. I hated jen's rendition of imagine cos she shouted the lyrics all the way whereas john lennon's version was soft and soothing

Quote Originally Posted by rootin4jasmine
    yeah...ive downloaded the mp3 of circle of life and i wasn't impressed that much too but am willing to change my mind once i see it on tv. I hated jen's rendition of imagine cos she shouted the lyrics all the way whereas john lennon's version was soft and soothing
    But that is kinda Jennifer Hudson's style... a little bit shouty and over over the top. But I absolutely love the tone of her voice, especially when she is singing softly in her falsetto. Like at the beginning of Imagine and I Believe In You And Me.

Also, one thing that I think Jennifer does extremely well is at conveying emotion in her songs. She is also very good at building up to the climax of a song.

I don't care for a boring performance when the song is powerful or for a happy performance when the song is sad (ie: What's going on was delivered as a happy song on Fame).

Quote Originally Posted by IdolBud123
    Also, one thing that I think Jennifer does extremely well is at conveying emotion in her songs. She is also very good at building up to the climax of a song.
    I completely agree. And I can see her being VERY successful on Broadway because of this. If the mainstream pop thing doesn't work out. Or even if it does.

+ Reply to Thread