+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 77 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282969 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Jennifer Hudson - FINALIST

Jennifer did justice to the most over-played EJ song. Definitely my fave performance.. partly coz I loved that song so much.

If she keep this up every week, I might just put her in the super-talented category! I would love to put her there! Being neutral stinks. Even being just popular is better than being neurtal because people have a reason to vote for you!!!

Look at it this way... You have performers that you favor, disfavor, & are neurtal with. The neutral alignment is the worst of the three 'cause there is no establishment or contact with that performer!!!! In a sense, you don't care what happens to neutraly aligned performers. If they win, its ok, if they get eliminated or do badly, its also ok. With favorable and unfavorable the contact is there which is just isn't with neurtral.

Jennifer is one of my favs, but in the overall aspect, she's neurtal. That stinks, because in a way, she deserves to be in the super-talented clique, but until last night, she didn't come close to earning it!
    Get Fantasia's self titled CD, in stores now!!!

At one time though, I also considered George neurtal -- I take that back -- he was in the popular group. However, he earned the right to be in the super-talented group. If Jen keeps this up, she may be no longer neurtal!

Although Jennifer is not my favorite to win the competition, she locked herself into my top 5 with that performance. My top 2 are George Huff and Latoya London. I used to like Fantasia better than Jennifer, but if Jennifer keeps to the style she has found in last nights performance, she could easily move into my top 3. She's got my vote and I would be disappointed to see her land in the bottom 3 again. Props for taking a huge step in the right direction last night. She was over singing in the past with too much vocal gymnastics. Last night was a nice balance of tone and not too much vibrato.

Bopping to my own beat! realityluver's Avatar
    Well I threw many votes Jennifer's way last night. I really enjoyed that performance of hers. It was tops for me right above my favorite... LaToya. Way to go Jennifer!!!
    Phenomenal woman... that's me!!!

I am so so so happy that Jennifer has finally pulled off the type of performance that I knew she was capable of. Im not quite sure if I remember right, but did Elton John say that she was his favorite.
    Latoya London all the way!!!

Jennifer Hudson... you were robbed. I will miss you.

I knew she could do it... I KNEW IT! Great Job to one of my favorites throughout the whole competition... now all of you know what i've been seeing. YEA JENNIFER!!
    I'M BAAAAAAAAACK.

To be honest, Jennifer is not my most favorite contestant, but I have to admit that she has continued to grow throughout the competition and has certainly begun to transform her image. Now I'm starting to appreciate her strong voice which so many to the other contestants seem to lack.

IMHO here are some of the +s and -s she has going for her:
    + She can belt out the notes and I don't have to strain or turn up my TV to understand the words to the songs
    + She lost the crazy frizzed out mop hair for a great looking straight cut
    + She has taken the advice to the fashion consultant and usually looks good during her performances
    + She seems to take the advice of the judges and make changes where needed in her singing style
    + She lost the crazy "Egyptian" mascara look

- She needs to get some new moves on stage and lose the dry humping she does up there
    - She needs to sing without oversinging (crazy faces, wild hand movements etc..)
    - She still has a bit of a tummy and she needs to stay away from the short shirts that ride up and show off her stare tire

Yay!!! Jennifer was just not safe this week, but in the Top 3 as well!!! Horray for Jennifer!!!

My fav is LaToya, but Jennifer has been my 2nd fav along with George for a while now. Actually since the beginning, even though couldn't stand her clothes, or her hair.
    Agree with others, so glad she straightened it and got a better sense of style lately. And she has come a long way from her days in the Bottom 3.

Her performance was perfect, and she so proved to everyone what kind of a great singer she can be, and got to the top 3, which she totally deserved!!!
    Now if she can keep it up I'd be sooo happy for her -- as long as she doesn't beat LaToya

I would love to see what she can do and see her continue to grow. I love that Elton John said she gave him chills and he would definitely give her a record contract. I'm sure that also scored her some brownie points.

Well, keep up the Great work Jennifer. Way to Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread