+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 77 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272868 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Jennifer Hudson - FINALIST

eny
    FORT Fogey
    She certainly blew everyone away with that peformance. With the exception of two others , the other bunch tanked. ( and should be weeping in a corner in shame)

I agree, Eny. There were very few stand-out performances last night--three, maybe 4. However, IMO, Jennifer's was definitely a highlight for me. I'm glad she sang last and that we ended the show with her last night. I wonder if her performance would have had the same sort of impact if it had been somewhere in the middle of the performing order.

She has been and always will be my favorite!! She did a wonderful job with Circle of Life.. Definitely my favorite performance of last night's , and her's as well!! LOOOVED LOOVED IT!!!

excuse me while I go find the video to download it!! WOW!! JUST WOW!!!!
    Something I wasn't sure of, but I was in the middle of, Something I forget now - Keane, This is the last time

I just had to make my way over here and say---JENNIFER DID HER THANG LAST NIGHT!!!!!!!! I am so proud. I pray she does well!
    "Nothing ever comes to one, that is worth having, except as a result of hard work."--Booker T. Washington, 1901

It wasn't my favorite performance by Jennifer. I thought it verged on shouting in places and was over the top. It seemed like more of a production number for a Broadway show. Just wasn't my style of singing, though the song is one of my favorites.
    Currently looking for a pressure-less and expectation-free zone zone

My Corner of the Web

Jennifer did an excellent job. She sang well, had great presense and looked good. This was her best performance yet and she didn't even have to show off! I liked her before but, I enjoyed her very much last night!

Condsidering "Circle of Life" is from the Lion King which is still running on Broadway, I think she sang it exactly how it should have been sung. Anything less would have sounded wimpy. I like that she is toning down her facial expressions. In fact, last night, instead of popping her eyes out, she slightly closed them during "big" phases of the song. Her voice was very controlled, and I did not perceive any shouting or over-the-topness. I love Broadway, and when a song calls for sounding like Broadway--go for it. Good job, Jennifer!
    Paintin' the Town Blue!

Jennifer was very good last night, she definately improved and should to go on

Then to minor complaints. I don't care for her current "flat iron" hairstyle at all. She had that scarf wrapped around her head when she was with Elton John, and something to that direction might look very good on her. Something ethnic, I have a feeling she really could pull it off.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Meanie
    Condsidering "Circle of Life" is from the Lion King which is still running on Broadway, I think she sang it exactly how it should have been sung. Anything less would have sounded wimpy. I like that she is toning down her facial expressions. In fact, last night, instead of popping her eyes out, she slightly closed them during "big" phases of the song. Her voice was very controlled, and I did not perceive any shouting or over-the-topness. I love Broadway, and when a song calls for sounding like Broadway--go for it. Good job, Jennifer!
    I had totally forgotten that the Lion King is on Broadway. I guess I just prefer the more understated version from the movie.
    Currently looking for a pressure-less and expectation-free zone zone

My Corner of the Web

Quote Originally Posted by lobeck
    I agree, Eny. There were very few stand-out performances last night--three, maybe 4. However, IMO, Jennifer's was definitely a highlight for me. I'm glad she sang last and that we ended the show with her last night. I wonder if her performance would have had the same sort of impact if it had been somewhere in the middle of the performing order.
    I had a feeling Jennifer performed last on purpose. Lst Week, George was the best and he was last. Two weeks ago, Amy was last and was one of the best (LaToya was the best that week IMHO). Nevertheless, this certinaly was Amy's best! I don 't think these are coincidences -- I think you have to earn the last position.
    Get Fantasia's self titled CD, in stores now!!!

+ Reply to Thread