+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 77 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262767 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Jennifer Hudson - FINALIST

Quote Originally Posted by E-Daddy
    Then how come she wasn't in the Bottom 3 when she sang a horrible rendition of "For Once In My Life"? Explain that!!!
    I missed that performance of hers, but I heard a lot of people say it was her best, that she did pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal
    I made up a chart (yeah, pathetic, I know) which tracked what original win position each contestant entered the top 12 in (like Wildcard pick vs. Group1 win vs. Group 4 2nd place), how many times they have been in the bottom 2 and how many times they have been in the bottom 3. Given that Jennifer was a wildcard pick and has been in the bottom 2 twice - I pick her as next to leave. She just hasn't developed a fan base. Must be that neutral theory.
    Crystal! You are too cute! (You too E Daddy)

Then how come she wasn't in the Bottom 3 when she sang a horrible rendition of "For Once In My Life"? Explain that!!!
    Because not everyone thought it was horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Scillarella
    I think she was basically trying to say the same thing William Hung said. In essence, "I came, I did my best, and I have to be happy with myself for that. I can't worry about any criticisms. All I can do is my best and let the chips fall where they may." Those weren't her exact words, but she even said the very first week when she was in danger of being voted out that she felt blessed to have even made it that far. To me, her facial expression was just a "well, you know. What are ya gonna do?" kinda thing.
    That's the way i took it aswell, like in a "I gave it my best, what more can i do?" kind of way, i didn't think it was snarky at all. Especially because in week one she already said how blessed she was. She looked so nervous with her head down and eyes closed!

Personally, i love Jennifer. I thinks she's great and she's one of my faves (behind LaToya). She's got a great voice and great range, i think if she tones her performances down a bit she'll gain more fans. Her performance of 'Heatwave' was great, i loved it and thought she hit all the big notes and for me it was one of the best of the night behind Fantasia's performance. I do agree with Lobeck that she shouldn't hit the low notes as her voice is low enough. I love her personality aswell, i find her very quirky and funny. Like when Simon said something about her pink dress and she started modelling it for him and when he said he wants to date her sister, i thought her "Hey, i'll go get her for you" comment was hillarious!

I also really like Jen. Heatwave was by far my fave performence of hers (followed by I Believe In You And Me). I don't know, maybe its the song. When KLO sang it last year i lkied it to but Jens Rendition was much much better. What songs of Elton John do u think she'll sing good?

I LOVED her rendition of "Imagine". It was touching and emotionally powerful. I am so glad that she is in this competition. I am voting for her tonight, as well as LaToya because I know that their best is yet to come...

I hope Jennifer has a wonderful performance tonight!!! I don't want it to be her last!!!
    Get Fantasia's self titled CD, in stores now!!!

That's right, Jennifer is the only neurtal finalist left. The viewers have no reason to vote for her (unless she pulls a miracle!!!) She's not as talented as the Super-Talented and she has no giant fan baselike The Popular Ones. Therefore it makes sense that Jennifer will be the next one to go.

Unless she pulls a truly amazing performance tonight, I agree with the others in this thread who are predicting that she will be the one to leave tomorrow. She has failed to impress me in such a way that's made her my favorite and I don't think she's super talented and deserves to stay there (exactly that neutral theory stated above)
    *Lacey

FORT Fan
    i hope she controls her voice more like the way she did with circle of life... it was amazing. i was never a fan of hers... but listening to that song. i had goosebumps. wow!

Quote Originally Posted by tgrocks
    I also really like Jen. Heatwave was by far my fave performence of hers (followed by I Believe In You And Me). I don't know, maybe its the song. When KLO sang it last year i lkied it to but Jens Rendition was much much better. What songs of Elton John do u think she'll sing good?

Finally another Jen fan! I think she's great, one of my fave's. 'Heatwave' was my fave performance by her aswell. She stepped up her game that week and she did great.

They air American Idol on Friday's in London so i haven't seen her performance but from the recaps and what i've heard, sounds like she did a brilliant performance. I'm glad she showed her great voice, i thought she was quite underrated before. I had a feeling she'll step it up again this week having been in the bottom 2 again last week. I thought her reaction when she found out she was safe during country week was so hillarious!!

+ Reply to Thread