+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 77 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Jennifer Hudson - FINALIST

Quote Originally Posted by Tirlittan
    That is about how I understood it, a little snarky/attitude filled, not too bad amount of it, but lets say Amy handled the question far better (to my understanding) and knows how to do personal PR whereas Jennifer is not an expert in the field.

I am just interested how people understand these little comments because I am taking a class where we are going over semantics, pragmatics, and so forth about how differently people translate messages (e.g. Jennifer's comment). It is really interesting stuff.
    Interesting!

Also regarding Jennfier, it's not only just what she says, but also her body language, that just conveys to me that "divatude"... The way she stood Wednesday night with her hand on her hip and her pouty lip, together with her saying that "if America didn't like it, well then..." didn't look very flattering on her... But I agree with whoever said I think it's more bvecause she's feeling defensive, and she's not that good with "personal PR", as you put it, as Amy and some of the others are.

But I don't hold that against her too much, because I am starting to find her pretty entertaining, and that feisty attitude is part of what I like about her. She was using that same pouty body language when she performed the other night. And while she is very much over the top with that attitude and all the dramatic faces she makes, and that used to turn me off to her, she's been growing on me over the last couple of weeks...

Its really weird with Jennifer because I work with a lot of people that go to her church here in Chicago and they don't really care for her. In general, Chicago doesn't really care for her. I don't really care for her. Its a weird feeling, like we don't want her to be representing Chicago or something. Even on the morning radio shows when listeners call in to talk about the show they don't really like her... People seem to prefer Fantasia or LaToya.
    Camile Velasco knows pancakes

OMG, I cant stand her!
    Why is she still there? Really? She has no star quality and is so bland especially with all the girls who do what she tries to do sooo much better.
    I understand nobody likes Camile but I dont care, because what i love about her is how different and sweet and cool she is. But Jennifer is lagging behind the others who she wants to be.
    Her personality didnt come across at all on Tuesdays show but somehow she made it, over Amy who totally made me smile. Jennifer performed like a clown and sang like she was in a bar - as she did last week.
    I want her out of the show to make it seem less amateurish, since thats all she brings to the show IMO. But I know that after being in the bottom 2 she will sail through to the top 8 because her fans will vote like mad as with her in week 1 and Camile last week.
    Mario Vazquez - Still My American Idol

Unfortunately, I think Jennifer is leaving this week. Here's why.

I divivded the top 9 into 3 categories: The Super-Talened, The Popular Ones(but not so talented), and Neutral. Here's how I see the top 9.

The Super Talented

Fantasia Barrino, LaToya London, Diana DeGarmo, Jasmine Trias, & George Huff

The Popular Ones

Jon Peter Lewis, John Stevens, & Camile Velasco

Neutral

Jennifer Hudson

That's right, Jennifer is the only neurtal finalist left. The viewers have no reason to vote for her (unless she pulls a miracle!!!) She's not as talented as the Super-Talented and she has no giant fan baselike The Popular Ones. Therefore it makes sense that Jennifer will be the next one to go. I don't want her to go, I want her to beat at least two of "The Popular Ones", but I don't see that happening!
    Get Fantasia's self titled CD, in stores now!!!

I think she was basically trying to say the same thing William Hung said. In essence, "I came, I did my best, and I have to be happy with myself for that. I can't worry about any criticisms. All I can do is my best and let the chips fall where they may." Those weren't her exact words, but she even said the very first week when she was in danger of being voted out that she felt blessed to have even made it that far. To me, her facial expression was just a "well, you know. What are ya gonna do?" kinda thing.

The above post makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by E-Daddy
    Unfortunately, I think Jennifer is leaving this week. Here's why.

I divivded the top 9 into 3 categories: The Super-Talened, The Popular Ones(but not so talented), and Neutral. Here's how I see the top 9.

The Super Talented

Fantasia Barrino, LaToya London, Diana DeGarmo, Jasmine Trias, & George Huff

The Popular Ones

Jon Peter Lewis, John Stevens, & Camile Velasco

Neutral

Jennifer Hudson

That's right, Jennifer is the only neurtal finalist left. The viewers have no reason to vote for her (unless she pulls a miracle!!!) She's not as talented as the Super-Talented and she has no giant fan baselike The Popular Ones. Therefore it makes sense that Jennifer will be the next one to go. I don't want her to go, I want her to beat at least two of "The Popular Ones", but I don't see that happening!
    I dont really consider Camile to be all that popular because she was in the bottom 3 once already. I would consider he more of a nuetral contestant.
    Latoya London all the way!!!

Jennifer Hudson... you were robbed. I will miss you.

I made up a chart (yeah, pathetic, I know) which tracked what original win position each contestant entered the top 12 in (like Wildcard pick vs. Group1 win vs. Group 4 2nd place), how many times they have been in the bottom 2 and how many times they have been in the bottom 3. Given that Jennifer was a wildcard pick and has been in the bottom 2 twice - I pick her as next to leave. She just hasn't developed a fan base. Must be that neutral theory.

Quote Originally Posted by IdolBud123
    I dont really consider Camile to be all that popular because she was in the bottom 3 once already. I would consider he more of a nuetral contestant.
    Then how come she wasn't in the Bottom 3 when she sang a horrible rendition of "For Once In My Life"? Explain that!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal
    I made up a chart (yeah, pathetic, I know) which tracked what original win position each contestant entered the top 12 in (like Wildcard pick vs. Group1 win vs. Group 4 2nd place), how many times they have been in the bottom 2 and how many times they have been in the bottom 3. Given that Jennifer was a wildcard pick and has been in the bottom 2 twice - I pick her as next to leave. She just hasn't developed a fan base. Must be that neutral theory.
    Hey, I got a bottom 3 chart too!!! What a coincidence!!!

+ Reply to Thread