+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 77 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Jennifer Hudson - FINALIST

BF, I think they're referring to when Ryan asked her how she felt to be in the Bottom Two, and she said something like, "Well, I gave it my best, and if America doesn't like it, oh well..."

I don't see anything snarky about that...

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Oh, thanks Lo!

Yeah, I didn't think that was so unusual or snarky.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

FORT Newbie
    Count me in as someone who really appreciated Jennifer's reaction. She was honest and genuine. There are at least three singers (and I use that word loosely) left in the competition who should be voted off before Jennifer.

If Jennifer Hudson is voted out before the two Johns, then I am going to stop watching the show... well maybe I wont go that far, but I will be pretty upset.
    Latoya London all the way!!!

Jennifer Hudson... you were robbed. I will miss you.

beansmorgan

Tirlittan, are you referring to the statement where she said something like she had done her best and it was up to the public whether they liked it or not? If so, I didn't take it as snarky -- I felt it was more defensive than anything -- and almost a "if you don't like my singing, it's not my problem (it's yours)."

That being said, though, I really think she has one of the best voices in competition, even though IMO, she tends to oversing.
    Ipse dixit.

She could have meant the above. I thought it could also refer to doing her best for her fans/supporters.

I'm not sure what "snarky" means, LOL, but I'll say that I detected a little "attitude" coming from her with that comment. But I think that's more due to her not really knowing how to handle herself onstage very well, and not being able to think of the perfect words to say, especially considering those circumstances. She was obviously very nervous, and I can't say I blame her either. So I don't think she really has a bad attitude.

But I did kind of take the comment to mean something like "I did my best and if America didn't like it, then... (it's their problem)"... But perhaps that's not what she meant.

Also, I don't think she should assume that just because she's in the bottom 3 that "America doesn't like her"... It just means she got less votes than some of the others that night. It should make her feel better to know that she went at least one week without being in the bottom 3, and even when she was in the bottom 3 she still didn't receive the lowest number of votes.

She's just up against some really fierce competition this year.

And while she may feel insulted that she received fewer votes than John or Camile (I would take it as an insult) hopefully she'll realize that many fans are voting by other factors than vocal talent.
    Last edited by RealVoyeur; 04-01-2004 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RealVoyeur

But I did kind of take the comment to mean something like "I did my best and if America didn't like it, then... (it's their problem)"... But perhaps that's not what she meant.
    That is about how I understood it, a little snarky/attitude filled, not too bad amount of it, but lets say Amy handled the question far better (to my understanding) and knows how to do personal PR whereas Jennifer is not an expert in the field.

I am just interested how people understand these little comments because I am taking a class where we are going over semantics, pragmatics, and so forth about how differently people translate messages (e.g. Jennifer's comment). It is really interesting stuff.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

She looks like a whole new woman with that straight hair! Much better.

+ Reply to Thread