+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 137 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Diana Degarmo - FINALIST

Gotta Love that Scout scooberoo's Avatar
    I was just thinking that she looks like SNL's Rachel Dratch when she speaks... I love Rachel Dratch. I don't think anyone needs to lose weight. I mean, it's not our business and pressuring people to be thin does no good, and it only shows how shallow America can be if they have a problem with her weight. I don't think she's chubby at all... I think she's really talented, and there's something about her that seems very unique.
    Who I'm rooting for: Survivor: Vanuatu - Scout Cloud Lee, Leann Slaby, Lea Masters, Eliza Orlins, Twila Tanner, and Lisa Keiffer.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by AI Critic
    She may come off as immature and inexperienced, but I think she really doesn't need to grow any better in the finals. She was one of the younger contestants who the judges never mentioned had "potential". Like Paula said, she looks like a real pro onstage.
    Actually i disagree, she comes of as seasoned pro to these kind of talent shows. To that degree she sort of reminds me of Kim C last year(who i also found annoying)

Foster Your Inner Kacey BobDobolina's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scooberoo
    I don't think anyone needs to lose weight. I mean, it's not our business and pressuring people to be thin does no good, and it only shows how shallow America can be if they have a problem with her weight. I don't think she's chubby at all... I think she's really talented, and there's something about her that seems very unique.
    She's not chubby at all. I think she's adorable. And if she does one day "decide" to gain some weight, I think she'd make a very nice looking fattie.

FORT Regular
    I really liked Diana and I thought she deserved her spot in the Finals, but she has to do something different to stand-out from the other belters. Otherwise, I think she'll be eliminated 6th or 7th.

I am very happy Diana made it to the finals!

Well, my goodness the people in Snellville, GA must just be celebrating the talent they have in their city!! Matt Lindahl, a sweet character and good singer is in the Top Ten for the <i>Nashville Star</i> competition!

I really like Diana and hope she does well, but does anyone elese get the feeling that she is shouting whenever she sings?

Quote Originally Posted by guinevere_79
    I really liked Diana and I thought she deserved her spot in the Finals, but she has to do something different to stand-out from the other belters. Otherwise, I think she'll be eliminated 6th or 7th.
    Exactly. I think she deserves to be there, but she needs to stand out somehow.
    *Lacey

What Entertainment Weekly thinks

Diana DeGarmo

AGE 16

HOMETOWN Snellville, Ga.

FINALS-QUALIFYING SONG ''I've Got the Music in Me''

SHE SAYS [After judges told her not to wear pink] ''I'm not giving up on pink!''

PRO She's cute as a button...

CON ...but on the verge of being so cutesy-poo we can't stand it.

EARLY WORD FROM SIMON ET AL. Despite their problems with her pink-and-black outfits, Simon cooed that she reminded him of Christina Aguilera -- ''when she was nice.''

WE SAY As long as she doesn't sing ''Good Ship Lollipop,'' she can hang around...for a few weeks.
    "It's still cool to be sane. You're just supposed to be sane and medicated ." - Article from the New York Magazine

Alright, Diana! AWESOME performance!

Answer's in John 3:16 Apollonia's Avatar
    She had a great performance, absolutely and her personality shined....but....

the reason Simon called her a big doll is because she is just that. She's an adorable teenager and unless they're going for another Hillary Duff, that's probably not what they're looking for. Not a potential 'sex symbol' (because sex does sell folks) but in fact, a big doll.

Cute, very very cute but she probably would have done better in this competition in a couple of years.

Great talent though, dont get me wrong.
    Inscribe zany quip here

+ Reply to Thread