+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 137 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Diana Degarmo - FINALIST

this girl has pipes I'm glad she didn't go the safe route like all the others, it got kinda boring after a while.
    In these times of Greatness, what is better than being a Bostonian? Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics (NO. 5anyone?) and I'll even give props to the Black N Gold!!!

Diana is a great singer. I hope she jumps on a diet for the next four weeks b/f the competition really starts for her. I don't think that she's overweight for a healthy person, but the entertainment industry is very hard on that, especially with women. She could lose about 5 pounds in the month, and for someone who doesn't have a lot to lose it can make a difference. Also, she seems to like that ponytail, but it's harsh on her face. If she were slightly lighter, perhaps her jawline would be better defined.

Sorry to be critical and seemingly shallow. These things do make a difference in this kind of competition.

She has a amazing and talented voice. There's a strong chance she could be the next AI.

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    SHe's very young and is extremely talented for age. I just wish that she'd tame down the yelling and develop some control. She seems like a sweetheart

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Quote Originally Posted by sher
    i think it's her youth that puts me off, to be perfectly honest. i think her voice is undeniably good, but i don't think she's got the control yet to be put in a league with christina. plus, i simply don't think her voice is nearly as good.
    Sher, you took the words right out of my mouth.

I don't get what the big deal about "being sixteen" is. What's the big deal about her being the youngest contestant?

They made a BIG deal about Carmen being 17 (turning 18), so sixteen is young! Still somewhat innocent, maybe?

I wouldn't be surprised if she won it all.

If she performs how she did on Tuesday, she's got great chances. It doesn't bother me that she's 16, if you can sing, go for it!!

As for losing weight, that's crazy. Kelly Clarkson isn't skinny and look where she is today and then there's Ruben...so I doubt Diana's weight will affect any outcome of her stardom. JMO

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by overthetop
    Diana is a great singer. I hope she jumps on a diet for the next four weeks b/f the competition really starts for her. I don't think that she's overweight for a healthy person, but the entertainment industry is very hard on that, especially with women. She could lose about 5 pounds in the month, and for someone who doesn't have a lot to lose it can make a difference. Also, she seems to like that ponytail, but it's harsh on her face. If she were slightly lighter, perhaps her jawline would be better defined.

Sorry to be critical and seemingly shallow. These things do make a difference in this kind of competition.

It's a good thing you posted that here and not in the official Idol forum at the Fox site! I posted that I thought she needed a makeover -- mostly a haircut and different clothes -- and I got ripped apart.

I did notice that she's a bit thick in the hips. But I think it was partly those ugly embroidered jeans. She needs some fashion sense. I mean, is it just me, or could Lucy Hale from American Juniors pass for 16 quicker than this girl? I think she looks about 13.

Her hair is my pet peeve. It is ugly -- very Marsha and Jan Brady. It just hangs there. She needs to cut some layers in and maybe use some of Ryan's highlight time since he's really not using it as much anymore.

I got crucified for saying these things in the official Idol forum. I hope that doesn't happen here. I got called a horrible person who is way too shallow. But I was just stating the opinion that this girl needs to be a bit more trendy, like most 16 year-olds are today.

I think she needs to think more Mary-Kate and Ashley and less Brady Bunch.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

+ Reply to Thread