+ Reply to Thread
Page 136 of 137 FirstFirst ... 3686126127128129130131132133134135136137 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 1367
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Diana Degarmo - FINALIST

Re: Diana Degarmo - FINALIST

Diana returns to the great white way. You go girl!!

Playbill News: DeGarmo, Leung, Henry, Torres and More Will Join Creel in Godspell Revival

DeGarmo, Leung, Henry, Torres and More Will Join Creel in Godspell Revival
    By Andrew Gans
    and Ernio Hernandez
    21 Jul 2008

"American Idol" finalist Diana DeGarmo, In the Heights' Joshua Henry, Rent's Telly Leung, The Wedding Singer's David Josefsberg and more will join the previously announced Gavin Creel (Tony nominee for Thoroughly Modern Millie) for the upcoming Broadway revival of Godspell.
    Creel (as Jesus) and DeGarmo, who made her Broadway debut in Hairspray, will co-star in the eagerly awaited production of the Stephen Schwartz/John-Michael Tebelak musical, which will begin previews Sept. 29 at the Ethel Barrymore Theatre with an official opening scheduled for Oct. 23.
    Creel and DeGarmo will be joined onstage by Joshua Henry as Judas with Uzo Aduba, Andrew Arrington, Sara Chase, Celisse Henderson, Morgan James, David Josefsberg, Telly Leung, Kyle Post, Dana Steingold, Maria Thayer and Daniel Torres.
    Daniel Goldstein will direct the production with choreography by Christopher Gattelli (Altar Boyz). Adam Epstein, Broadway Across America and Stewart F. Lane/Bonnie Comley will produce the first Broadway revival of the "Gospel of St. Matthew"-drawn musical tale of a tribe of hopeful friends.
    The production will reunite the creative team of the 2006 production of Godspell that played New Jersey's Paper Mill Playhouse, including scenic designer David Korins, costume designer Miranda Hoffman, lighting designer Ben Stanton and sound designer Mike Farfalla.
    Gavin Creel was Tony-nominated at age 26 as Best Actor in a Musical for playing Jimmy in Thoroughly Modern Millie. He recently sang the songs of Leonard Bernstein at the Allen Room (with Rob Fisher at piano), appeared as Bert in the London production of Mary Poppins, was the selfish son Jean-Michel in the Broadway revival of La Cage aux Folles, and has a cult following for his career as a pop singer-songwriter (his debut album is called "Goodtimenation").
    The Ethel Barrymore Theatre is located at 243 West 47th Street. Ticket information will be announced shortly.
    In an earlier statement producer Epstein said, "When I saw Daniel Goldstein's production of Godspell, I was overpowered by its vibrancy and relevance. This Broadway production will take that experience to an even more glorious level. It is essential that the power of this production and how it moves people lives on at its highest potential."
    Godspell features a score by Schwartz and a book by Tebelak. Based on "The Gospel According to St. Matthew," the musical, press notes state, uses "improvisation and contemporary themes to illustrate the parables, [bringing] these lessons to life through the grand tradition of musical theatre." Song titles include "Day By Day," "Save The People," "Learn Your Lessons Well," "All Good Gifts," "Turn Back, O Man" and "By My Side."
    After a five-year run Off-Broadway (the musical opened at the Cherry Lane Theatre May 13, 1971, and transferred to the Promenade in August of that year), Godspell opened at Broadway's Broadhurst Theatre in June 1976. It eventually played both the Plymouth and Ambassador theatres before closing Sept. 4, 1977, after 527 regular performances. Godspell was conceived and originally directed by John-Michael Tebelak.
    The 2006 Paper Mill cast of Godspell featured Dan Kohler as Jesus with Joshua Henry as Judas/John and Uzo Aduba, Sarah Bolt, Sara Chase, Holly Davis, Patrick Heusinger, Anika Larsen, Telly Leung, Kasey Marino, Julie Reiber and Robin De Jesus.

Diana DeGarmo in the parade.

Diana DeGarmo gets another theater gig: the national tour of ‘9 to 5: The Musical, coming to Atlanta Sept. 28-Oct. 3 | American Idol

Diana DeGarmo gets another theater gig: the national tour of ‘9 to 5: The Musical, coming to Atlanta Sept. 28-Oct. 3

Former Snellville gal and season 3 runner-up Diana DeGarmo has easily been the most successful “Idol” contestant when it comes to theater work so far. She’s performed in more than a half dozen Broadway, off Broadway and national shows over the past five-plus years.
    Now the 23 year old has signed on with “9 to 5: The Musical” for a national tour. She will play Miss Doralee Rhodes, the Dolly Parton role from the 1980 movie. It launches September in Nashville, where she has a residence. The musical then moves to Atlanta’s Fox Theatre from Sept. 28 to Oct. 3. Tickets can be purchased at Ticketmaster for $27.85 to $72.05.
    Her resume now includes “Hairspray,” “Brooklyn: The Musical,” “Oz the Musical,” “Back to Bacharach and David,” “The Toxic Avenger” and most recently, “Hair” (photo, left) with Ace Young.
    Her powerful voice is perfect for theater and clearly, she can handle the rigors.

Diana will be joining the cast of The Young & The Restless at the end of the month. Her career continues to find surprising turns to take. Go for it girl!

American Idol contestants Diana DeGarmo and Ace Young get married in Los Angeles | Mail Online

Remember when Ace Young proposed during the finale last year? Here is news of the wedding.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    American Idol contestants Diana DeGarmo and Ace Young get married in Los Angeles | Mail Online

Remember when Ace Young proposed during the finale last year? Here is news of the wedding.
    Thanks for posting that.. I saw an article without photos, and that one has a lot of photos.

She looks wonderful and so very happy. He looks happy ... but what's with his clothing?

That suit or whatever it is supposed to be looks silly, inappropriate and just awful! I guess it doesn't matter what they are wearing ... but that thing is ghastly.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

How wonderful.

I did not watch during her season of Idol but I admire her because she has not forgotten her roots.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as an idol?

FORT Fogey

She looks gorgeous, and he looks like he was expressing his individuality. He does seem happy, though, and that counts!
    NCLurker likes this.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

They mentioned that his "tux" was from the bridal shop and quite the thing. I mention that because tonight on the Bachelorette, Brooks tried on tuxes as part of his date with Des and one of them looked just like that.
    ilja likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

They mentioned that his "tux" was from the bridal shop and quite the thing. I mention that because tonight on the Bachelorette, Brooks tried on tuxes as part of his date with Des and one of them looked just like that.
    It wouldn't be what I personally would have wanted for my own groom, and it doesn't seem to go with her scrumptious dress and entire look; however, it is obvious that he marches to his own beat. Kudos to her that she is able to allow him perfect freedom to go his way while she went full out for the traditional "beautiful bride" look which she absolutely pulled off with the best of them. Here's to a wonderful future for those two.
    NCLurker and ilja like this.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

+ Reply to Thread