+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 137 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363113 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Diana Degarmo - FINALIST

i dont know if this is posted as theres so many posts but i was just curious what is her nationality?
    <b>I was wondering the same thing! I thought she might have some Spanish in her. Also, what bands did she open up for in the concert arena?</b>

Diana is a wonderful and talented young woman! She appears to be a size 5 or maybe 7 which is NOT a big size! Losing weight? No way, but maybe toning up. She looks just fine to me. The camera does add 10 pounds to a person's appearance. I hope she's not reading these remarks!! (Think, Karen Carpenter.)

I also consider her to be one of the better female singers. Camille and Jasmine also have that wholesome look and all three look like typical teens. Jasmine is the most relaxed of the three girls.

Someone mentioned the Beauty Pagent presence. I am inclined to agree with you, but maybe this is something the vocal coach can help her with? IMO, I do see Diana in the "Final Five" and she is so much better than Carmen was! I also believe Simon has been much too harsh with her!

Right now, I cannot think of any genre she would have a problem with. I think we can look forward to some fine performances!

Quote Originally Posted by CharlaFan
    I find Diana annoying as hell, whenever i see her all perky on stage i just want to get a gun and shoot her(and i am a guy who hates guns and thinks they should be banned). She sort of reminds me of a teenage female Barney, always so happy.

I get the same feeling out of Diana as i did out of Kim C last year. Both seemed to be doing pagent routines as opposed to singing. I will give the devil her due though she is a much better singer then Kim C and not an attention whore.
    Well, that's offensive.

She doesn't strike me as fake-perky--she seems natural to me, and cute. She sings well, and I hope she wins the whole thing.

There are a lot of posts here about weight. No wonder young girls are so caught up in appearances and there are so many eating disorders out there. Everyone wants to be accepted as they are. I know this point has been beaten to death, but nobody seems to mind that Ruben is large, or that Kelly Clarkson is not a stick figure. They are all fine just like they are.
    fka kickstand

Can Ya Dig It?

I think Diana is one of the best singers... I really enjoy her performances... She reminds me a lot of Leann Rimes, especially since she's so young... Her youth also reminds me of Carmen except that Diana can really sing... Too bad Carmen didn't have Diana's voice last year.

I like the fact too that Diana seems to have a very positive and upbeat attitude. And I don't think there's anything fake about her. She's doing what she loves, performing on stage... Why shouldn't she be enjoying herself? It seems to me she's a good role model for kids her age and younger.

She has a GREAT manner about her, seems very relaxed and has a voice that is unreal. I said it after her first perfomance in the round of 32 and I say it again...that I could "easily" see her win the whole thing. Go Diana!!!!!

Answer's in John 3:16 Apollonia's Avatar
    She doesn't strike me as fake-perky--she seems natural to me, and cute.
    I like the fact too that Diana seems to have a very positive and upbeat attitude. And I don't think there's anything fake about her
    I absolutely believe that. Some people you can tell have to put on an act, eventually they wont be able to hide their real selves forever but with Diana, its all real, its a breath of fresh air and I absolutely love it.

I hope she goes far.
    Inscribe zany quip here

Foster Your Inner Kacey BobDobolina's Avatar
    I find Diana annoying as hell, whenever i see her all perky on stage i just want to get a gun and shoot her(and i am a guy who hates guns and thinks they should be banned). She sort of reminds me of a teenage female Barney, always so happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolls
    Well, that's offensive.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolls
    Well, that's offensive.

She doesn't strike me as fake-perky--she seems natural to me, and cute. She sings well, and I hope she wins the whole thing.
    I am not saying she is fake, she just has 1 emotion which is always "on". After awhile it gets annoying. I for once would just like to see her show one other human emotion besides being perky/happy.

I just can't wait to see her get voted off, just to see if she actually has other human reactions or just holds that perky happy feel.

As for the Barney Comment i stick by it, Barney is always upbeat and happy, just like Diana, only difference is Barney's color is purple, hers is pink. Maybe it may be better for me to say Diana would be the offspring if Barney and Ned Flanders mated.

+

=

Last edited by CharlaFan; 03-23-2004 at 03:56 AM.

Or maybe "just for you" she won't get voted off and win the whole thing.

I just can't wait to see her get voted off.......
    =

Hey CF, I think that your posts are kind of annoying, but I don't think that you should get shot over it. That would be going too far.

And you know that Ned would never stick it to Barney...he's too pure for such things.
    fka kickstand

Can Ya Dig It?

There's an article posted at the FORT about the contestants, and someone is quoted as saying Diana is talented but might lack warmth. Bingo! I couldn't figure out what bothered me about her, cuz she's technically pretty good. I just don't feel any emotion from all of that lung/vocal chord power.

+ Reply to Thread