+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Diana Degarmo - FINALIST

I wonder if Fantasia's single will be I Believe/Summertime and Diana's Dreams/DCOL.

Foster Your Inner Kacey BobDobolina's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by superfly
    I wonder if Fantasia's single will be I Believe/Summertime and Diana's Dreams/DCOL.
    That does make more sense than what's posted on Amazon. It's usually 2 songs per single, not 3, right?

(thanks ruby. I've got several more baby di ones coming )

Amazon added Track Listings to both CDs, but it still doesn't make sense...

Fantasia's:

1. I Believe
    2. Chain of Fools
    3. Summertime

Diana's:

1. Dreams
    2. Don't Cry Out Loud
    3. I Believe

Diana sang "Dreams" really well on Live with Regis and Kelly. I think her voice is too good for the song personally. The lyrics suit her age better, better than "I Believe." "I Believe" suits Fantasia.
    "The difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense."
    Good luck to the Good Guys on the Inferno!

Quote Originally Posted by Lolls
    I don't get it. Why such bad vibes for Diana? Her congratulating of Fantasia is not what makes her special...her handling herself with grace at 16 after enduring weeks of Simon's backhanded compliments, and occasionally downright rudeness, is what makes her stand out. She has a wonderful voice and good character to boot. She was not polite for show. She acted polite because she so clearly IS polite. I have all the respect in the world for her.
    I don't get it. Why does Diana handling the "defeat" with grace make her more special than anyone else? John Stevens, Jasmine and Camille also handled themselves with grace even though they got much harsher treatment than Diana on AI, got booted off AI earlier and received no record deals. Diana lost the AI title but got a potentially fabulous recording career--and she knew her future was bright even before Fantasia won. It would have looked utterly idiotic if she had avoided common courtesy when Fantasia's win was announced.

As viewers, we expect a minimum amount of decorum from the contestants. I hate that common courtesy these days is talked about as something rare or special.

Quote Originally Posted by AIer_admirer
    Diana sang "Dreams" really well on Live with Regis and Kelly. I think her voice is too good for the song personally. The lyrics suit her age better, better than "I Believe." "I Believe" suits Fantasia.
    Didn't she do a nice job!! She seemed so much more relaxed and of course those glory notes were perfect!

You know, she was silly as can be, and so was Kelly! I could see them being friends if they were the same age. They just seemed to click.

I really do like "Dreams"! It's great to see her out there doing her thing!

Snellville... hometown of music's next big superstar.
    Diana did great today! Kelly Ripa was about as hyper as Diana was which made the interview more enjoyable. Between Dreams/I Believe I like Dreams more. I Believe seems to be so much more dramatic and movie-like like someone said on here before. I really don't care for Dreams either, but cheesy AI songs are just mandatory for first singles I guess. Can you guys guess who the adorable girl in my avatar is?
    YDiana DeGarmo One VoiceY

She dreamed... the impossible dream. She fought the unbeatable foe.
    She's still standing better than she ever did...

This is it! This time I know it's for real.

MY AMERICAN IDOL
    Did you think this fool could never win? Look at her, she's coming back again!

So Dreams is Diana's single? Oh man.....that song is just vapid, maybe even more so than I Believe. The lyrics are so vague its funny. Is it a love song or a victory song? Does the writer even know?

The fact that RCA is putting 3 ballads on the single makes me wonder if they know what they're doing with Diana. I would've thought that Diana would be the easiest to market of all the Idol singers. Just give her simple, fun, upbeat bubblegum pop and her album should become a staple amongst the teenybopper crowd. Leave it to Clive Davis to turn her into Celine-lite. Not Diana's fault at all, since I presume she has no creative control. Just hope these songs don't alienate her fanbase, who may have been expecting something different.

Snellville... hometown of music's next big superstar.
    Quote Originally Posted by addikted
    So Dreams is Diana's single? Oh man.....that song is just vapid, maybe even more so than I Believe. The lyrics are so vague its funny. Is it a love song or a victory song? Does the writer even know?

The fact that RCA is putting 3 ballads on the single makes me wonder if they know what they're doing with Diana. I would've thought that Diana would be the easiest to market of all the Idol singers. Just give her simple, fun, upbeat bubblegum pop and her album should become a staple amongst the teenybopper crowd. Leave it to Clive Davis to turn her into Celine-lite. Not Diana's fault at all, since I presume she has no creative control. Just hope these songs don't alienate her fanbase, who may have been expecting something different.
    Yeah... I'm not too worried about it though. Her album can still be entirely different than these singles. It would have been really cool if she could have recorded "No More Tears" instead of DCO. I love them both, but I agree that upbeat songs are key. Next year the Idol winner and runner-up should both get upbeat and fun songs. Enough is enough with corny achievement songs.
    YDiana DeGarmo One VoiceY

She dreamed... the impossible dream. She fought the unbeatable foe.
    She's still standing better than she ever did...

This is it! This time I know it's for real.

MY AMERICAN IDOL
    Did you think this fool could never win? Look at her, she's coming back again!

A I FAN ALL 5 YEARS pokealot214's Avatar
    far northern Minnesota usually, but wherever my job takes me!
    Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam
    I don't get it. Why does Diana handling the "defeat" with grace make her more special than anyone else? John Stevens, Jasmine and Camille also handled themselves with grace even though they got much harsher treatment than Diana on AI, got booted off AI earlier and received no record deals. Diana lost the AI title but got a potentially fabulous recording career--and she knew her future was bright even before Fantasia won. It would have looked utterly idiotic if she had avoided common courtesy when Fantasia's win was announced.

As viewers, we expect a minimum amount of decorum from the contestants. I hate that common courtesy these days is talked about as something rare or special.
    pill, I think lolls was just more or less trying to defend Diana because even now, more than a week after her loss, people continue to come into this thread dedicated to her and trash her. I am not saying that's what you are doing, by the way. The person lolls was responding to though, was not as eloquent in their way of putting their point across as you. I personally don't agree with your opinion, but as long as people post here, I'm sure that's how things will be. While you may not see the way she handled herself as special, others do. Just like I, along with MANY others thought her voice and performances should have propelled her to the title, while a very small percentage more of all votes counted, saw it differently. Everybody sees things differently based upon their own experiences. Personally, to me, IT IS RARE AND SPECIAL to see somone from her age group, act as she did. I take nothing away from the others you mentioned by the way, as I also would commend them for the ways in which they handled themselves. There is far too little of that kind of behavior in that age group. You are right, "it WOULD have looked utterly idiotic" if she had acted differently. Unfortunately, I think alot of young people show themselves as just that, utterly idiotic, each and every day. I also believe that when they show behavior different from that, they should be commended for it so as to try to promote more positive behavior from their peers.
    only here occasionally due to work schedule... here mentally even less BTW... you can just call me poke

+ Reply to Thread