+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 137 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262112 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Diana Degarmo - FINALIST

There s no doubt this girl has an Amazing voice - but one thing I find strange is kinda Paulas comment about her being so effortless - to me it doesnt look like shes trying to hard - she always smiles - which i find so bizarre! - The notes she hits are unbelievable, but I feel shes holding back a bit.
    If she had performed before Jasmine I probably wouldve enjoyed it more, but going after Jasmine kinda put her down in my books, and I know thats bad.
    I do like her though, I just hope she changes song types - theyre all kinda similar -
    Chain Of Fools, Fool In Love, Music In Me, Think - but she nails them , so I suppose it would be stupid to change at this stage, but later on she has to develop more.
    Mario Vazquez - Still My American Idol

Diana is an amazing vocalist, but there was always something that bothered me about her. Then you guys hit the nail on the head. She is trying way to hard! I think that her performances would look way better if she didnt try to do so much.

Hope that made sense.

FORT Fanatic
    Actually, she did not try hard at all. She was movin' around, confident, and just hit those high notes effortlessly. You were comfortable watching her.

And another big bonus, she didn't oversing like LaToya, Fantasia, and Jennifer. She laid in it even when it was uptempo and Aretha and it was delivered fabulously.

Quote Originally Posted by AI Critic
    And another big bonus, she didn't oversing like LaToya, Fantasia, and Jennifer. She laid in it even when it was uptempo and Aretha and it was delivered fabulously.
    Yeah, one thing that separates Diana from a lot of the other contestants is that she doesn't showboat - she uses her voice in service of the song, not the other way around.
    "It takes grace to play the second fiddle well" - The Fall, "Strife Knot"

Everything about Diana is great. Her voice, her appearence, and her personality.

I think she would make a good American Idol

Quote Originally Posted by JORY'sMom
    When I saw Randy the other day on The View, he was talking about a couple of 16/17 year olds that he really liked and thinks should go all the way. This girl is who came to mind when he was saying that. I think she's really cute and has a lot of potential.

I think you are right. Randy and Paula really like her and for some reason Simon doesn't like her at all. He's made comments about her "smiling" too much, and looking like a "doll". He seems turned off by her. And normally Simon is right about a lot of things (I'm not saying ALL the time) but in this case I hope whatever it is about her that he just puts it aside and really judges her for her singing. And even if he gives her a hard time you know Paula and Randy will stick up for her along with the crowd and I think at this point the voters will vote for whoever they like and not necessarily what Simon says. (At least I hope so.) He sure picked on Clay a lot last year and look what happened to him. If its constructive criticism from Simon that is one thing, but if he just criticizes because he doesn't like you for some reason then he is out of line. IMO

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by schman
    I think you are right. Randy and Paula really like her and for some reason Simon doesn't like her at all. He's made comments about her "smiling" too much, and looking like a "doll". He seems turned off by her.
    I find Diana annoying as hell, whenever i see her all perky on stage i just want to get a gun and shoot her(and i am a guy who hates guns and thinks they should be banned). She sort of reminds me of a teenage female Barney, always so happy.

I get the same feeling out of Diana as i did out of Kim C last year. Both seemed to be doing pagent routines as opposed to singing. I will give the devil her due though she is a much better singer then Kim C and not an attention whore.
    Last edited by CharlaFan; 03-20-2004 at 06:29 PM.

I think you really crossed the line when you said you would take a gun and shoot her, but hey, thats what you are known for crossing the line.

She is like a Barney, but I like her because she is not the cookie-cutter Christina or Britney.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    I think you really crossed the line when you said you would take a gun and shoot her, but hey, thats what you are known for crossing the line.
    What can I say she reminds me of a carnival game where they have this clown going back and forth in a line and you have to shoot it to win a prize, and if you don't that painted on smile on it's face only drives you more insane

And i would only want to shoot her with a beebee gun just to see if she can get any other expression on her face besides perky.

FORT Newbie
    i dont know if this is posted as theres so many posts but i was just curious what is her nationality?

thanks

+ Reply to Thread