+ Reply to Thread
Page 75 of 175 FirstFirst ... 25656667686970717273747576777879808182838485125 ... LastLast

Thread: Fantasia Barrino - FINALIST

Thank you ladies!

The first few bars of Fantasia's Streisand song (forgot the name ) gave me the chills. Technically, she wasn't perfect, but the girl sure knows how to emote.

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    I thought Tasia was simply amazing last night. Unlike many others, I loved BOTH of her song performances and LOVED the songs. I thought she was brilliant last night. No one emotes/performs better than her. She rocked and will continue to rock through the finals. Now I'm hoping for a Tasia/Toya throw down more than ever. George, though he was very good, just can't compete.

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie
    Very well said eldee. And only Fantasia could make the decision on what she wants to do. And no one should be judging what decision she makes, as I'm sure it would be a hard one for any one of us to make.
    Quote Originally Posted by SingleGal
    I second that, Eldee! Well said!

But, SG, weren't you doing just that...judging Fantasia for the choices she's made/steps she's taken to try to realize her dream?

Quote Originally Posted by lobeck
    But, SG, weren't you doing just that...judging Fantasia for the choices she's made/steps she's taken to try to realize her dream?
    Yes, she was. I'm judged on a regular basis. Since my youngest was born (she's 6 now) I am away approx. 12 hours a day, 5 days a week. Now my choices are I can stay at home and work locally and utilize the welfare system so my daughters and I can live a normal, yet downsized life and watch me be miserable or I can continue to follow my dreams, LOVE my job and feel good about myself not only as a mother but as a human being. I chose the latter. My children are healthy, happy and well-rounded, but more than that they love and respect me with all of their hearts.

I think Fantasia is doing just that. She said it best on Monday's show. Single moms can still follow their dreams. I guaranty you that if her family thought she was doing the wrong thing where her child was concerned they would not support her as much as they have, and from what I can see, they are behind her 500%!

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SingleGal
    I'm just sick of it. Fantasia will make not-too-bright young teenage singers (who hope to be on AI) think: "Hey? I should have a kid to use as a props prop."
    I've read all of your posts and I find this one the funniest and most ludicrous. If there is some numb-skull, dim light bulb of a girl out there "planning" for American Idol 4 NINE (or more) months in advance, she's got more problems than not being able to sing.
    The tirade about her and her daughter is sickening. She obviously loves her daughter, is thinking about her daughter's future, and the ALL AROUND well being of ANYTHING that is concerning her daughter. For ANYONE to think they know what Fantasia needs to do "better" than what she's already doing, needs to take a long hard look at their own life and find out what is lacking.
    If there is any concern about whether a child is being raised and loved correctly, perhaps you should tune into Stage Moms/Dads. It's a new reality show and it's based around the parents and children trying to "break into the business". THEN you can have some opinion about what people should be doing with their children...it's a much better format to openly criticize the parental neglect/abuse/etc. NOT AI3.

As for Fantasia's performances. Four thumbs up!!!! She was wonderful!
    When Ryan asked, "Did we save the best for last??"
    I say, "YESSSSSSSS!!!!! YES YOU DID!!!!"

Fantasia rocked the house AGAIN!!!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Quote Originally Posted by funnygirl422
    I think Fantasia is doing just that. She said it best on Monday's show. Single moms can still follow their dreams. I guarantee you that if her family thought she was doing the wrong thing where her child was concerned they would not support her as much as they have, and from what I can see, they are behind her 500%!
    THANK YOU!!! Very well said.

Regarding other posts, people can think anything they want to about a contestant. To each his/her own. However, that doesn't mean that they can't either change their mind and see things differently from a new POV.
    ______________________________ _____________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by funnygirl422
    .... I'm judged on a regular basis. .....

So many are judged on either being single, having an interracial child or both. Maybe if we "judge" the mother by looking at the child and see how healthy, happy, well brought up he/she is, that would also speak well of or be a credit to the single Moms and Dads or couples.
    Anyway, people are always going to be judged on one thing or another. That doesn't mean we have to allow ourselves to be affected by it. Each will live his/her own life.

Funnygirl, Good for you on all of the efforts you are making for yourself and your family!

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    The tirade about her and her daughter is sickening. She obviously loves her daughter, is thinking about her daughter's future, and the ALL AROUND well being of ANYTHING that is concerning her daughter. For ANYONE to think they know what Fantasia needs to do "better" than what she's already doing, needs to take a long hard look at their own life and find out what is lacking.
    ---
    As for Fantasia's performances. Four thumbs up!!!! She was wonderful!
    When Ryan asked, "Did we save the best for last??"
    I say, "YESSSSSSSS!!!!! YES YOU DID!!!!"

Fantasia rocked the house AGAIN!!!
    AMEN! AMEN! AMEN! The "people in glass houses" phrase works extremely well in this case. :rolleyes

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I could CARE LESS about Fantasia's personal life. It's none of my business -- not to mention, I'm not the least bit interested in it.

The only thing I know is that I still can't stand her voice, her performances make me nauseous, and I am hoping that she goes tonight.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

+ Reply to Thread