+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 175 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Fantasia Barrino - FINALIST

Quote Originally Posted by Delia
    She is a great singer and performer, but I don't wonna see her win this, because I think she's a bit too "old-fashioned". Maybe, she should go on Broadway instead.
    Broadway? Wow... And here I'm thinking she'd be awesome performing at some dive bar on Bourbon Street!

Quote Originally Posted by pleasant1
    By "old fashioned" you mean she actually can sing and doesn't need any technical enhancement? :rolleyes
    No, I'm saying that her singing pop or rock or country or even R&B doesn'st sound as good as her singing broadwayish music.

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zam
    I'm in the camp that wasn't that impressed with Fantasia.

I'm sure it's already been mentioned, but I found her voice to be like fingernails on a chalkboard. I do believe based on the judges comments though that she'll advance to the next round.
    Yeah. Most parts of the performance were okay, but whenever she hit a high note, I thought it really was like fingernails on a chalkboard. I'm surprised the judges didn't comment on that.

But I think Fantasia's going to the next round.

FORT Fogey
    Maybe I'm the only one, but I don't like Fantasia. She's annoying and her voice reminds me of Macy Gray and Mickey Mouse.

Quote Originally Posted by maleady33
    Maybe I'm the only one, but I don't like Fantasia. She's annoying and her voice reminds me of Macy Gray and Mickey Mouse.
    Her voice is fab but it annoys me too 'cuz broadway is not in my tastes.

It's sensei time! Masai & Pygmie's Avatar
    Her voice is unique and I am looking forward to the 70's theme night with cover works of Minnie Ripperton and Phoebe Snow, like Lovin' You and Poetry Man. I think Fantasia could pull it off!
    "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake." -- Henry David Thoreau

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maleady33
    Mal, no you're not the only one...I thought I was after watching the show on Tuesday and hearing the judges gush over her performance.

It's funny you should say Mickey Mouse because my husband and I watched the show on Tuesday and I was cringing. I don't know if it's her accent or what, but I can't stand to hear her talk, and when she was singing I looked at my husband and said "She sounds like Daffy Duck" It's a loud, strong voice, but it just doesn't appeal to me at all and sounded more like something you'd hear on a Disney reunion CD.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Quote Originally Posted by BravoFan
    Mal, no you're not the only one...I thought I was after watching the show on Tuesday and hearing the judges gush over her performance.

It's funny you should say Mickey Mouse because my husband and I watched the show on Tuesday and I was cringing. I don't know if it's her accent or what, but I can't stand to hear her talk, and when she was singing I looked at my husband and said "She sounds like Daffy Duck" It's a loud, strong voice, but it just doesn't appeal to me at all and sounded more like something you'd hear on a Disney reunion CD.
    America voted & I'm thrilled with the outcome!! Way to go Fantasia!!! You make North Carolina proud!!!

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zam
    I'm in the camp that wasn't that impressed with Fantasia.

I'm sure it's already been mentioned, but I found her voice to be like fingernails on a chalkboard. I do believe based on the judges comments though that she'll advance to the next round.

I'm right along side you Zam. The judges were definetly pulling for her to make it to the top 12. She does have an unique voice, but I'm not really all that impressed with her. JMHO

I was really impressed by her early on, but after hearing her this week I can't say I'm a fan.
    I find her downright annoying on the results show.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread