+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 175 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263103153 ... LastLast

Thread: Fantasia Barrino - FINALIST

Quote Originally Posted by SingleGal
    I didn't like the Fantasia over-emotional good bye to Jennifer. I mean, I thought she was going to put her tongue into Jennifer's ear at one point. And then, to belt out, "You are an American Idol!!"...I dunno, I just didn't care for that. Just like when she told Simon he "ain't got no class". Ah? Okay. Anyway, I was hoping Fantasia would go. I'm sorry, I just can't imagine myself listening to that nails-across-the-board voice blaring out of my speakers and enjoying it. Her voice annoys me to no end. ..... SingleGal

I feel the same way. However, she will probably be the one to win. No one calls more attention to herself , for better or worse, that Fantasia.

Chrelsey said, ..."First, I don't have to "look" for reasons to not like her, because I already DON'T like her. Plain and simple......."

I feel the same way. Actually, I keep trying to find a reason to like her and try and hear what others do. However, she still reminds me of a chicken being strangled.

Quote Originally Posted by dvm

To be mad at her or want to have lynched for her reaction to Jen leaving is like fishing for excuses to hate at this point.

JMHO
    That's going a step too far, and I really do not like the tone of this comment.

What you said is your perception of Fantasia's farewell...my perception is different. I don't think it was classy, or heartfelt, or nice. I thought it was camera hogging. And we are both entitled to our perceptions without such implications as they ones above. Who said they wanted her lynched, for crying out loud?!
    Last edited by Lolls; 04-23-2004 at 12:48 PM.
    fka kickstand

Can Ya Dig It?

Quote Originally Posted by Lolls
    That's going a step too far, and I really do not like the tone of this comment.

What you said is your perception of Fantasia's farewell...my perception is different. I don't think it was classy, or heartfelt, or nice. I thought it was camera hogging. And we are both entitled to our perceptions without such implications as they ones above.
    ITA Lolls. I even yelled at my TV (I'm such a geek, lol) to get her off the stage because I could see that they'd be running short of time.
    Currently looking for a pressure-less and expectation-free zone zone

My Corner of the Web

Guys...just another reminder...this thread is to discuss Fantasia Barrino. If you think she's great, fine. Post that here. If you don't like her, fine. Post that here, too. However, personal attacks on other members of the FORT are not and will not be tolerated.

Fantasia has vocal power, nuance and consistency--just like a pro. I'm not always confortable with the sound of her distinctive, scratchy voice, but she, like LaToya, is a professional--unlike everyone else up there. The problem with LaToya is personality--she needs to inject some into her singing. Tasia, on the other hand, has loads of personality in her phrasing, which is nicely complex.

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam
    Fantasia has vocal power, nuance and consistency--just like a pro. I'm not always confortable with the sound of her distinctive, scratchy voice, but she, like LaToya, is a professional--unlike everyone else up there. The problem with LaToya is personality--she needs to inject some into her singing. Tasia, on the other hand, has loads of personality in her phrasing, which is nicely complex.
    Good post, sweetie. I can respect that you don't prefer her voice. That was a cool, objective assessment!

FWIW, I thought Fantasia gave a great performance. She brought the crowd to their feet, and working with her.

Ultimately thats ALL that matters. How that translates to viewers, is mostly left to the viewers themselves.

For the rest of you:
    Just because you prefer one, doesn't mean you need to trash everyone else. Life is too short for hatin'
    Last edited by senrik; 04-23-2004 at 01:48 PM. Reason: to make myself look less like an ignoramus
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

Quote Originally Posted by dvm
    Good post, sweetie. I can respect that you don't prefer her voice. That was a cool, objective assessment!
    Thanks.

I wonder if she could change the words and sing "He Bangs" for Latin night. It might be a good song for her.

Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    I wonder if she could change the words and sing "He Bangs" for Latin night. It might be a good song for her.

Eldee!!!!
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

+ Reply to Thread