+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 175 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Fantasia Barrino - FINALIST

fantasia was the only performer that motivated me to actually call in some votes. she was definitely in a league all her own and i thought she was amazing. amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Terena79
    I agree.

I also thought it sounded like she was "doing a voice" during parts of her performance. I don't know how to describe it any better than that...
    I thought she was better at her first audition. I really wasn't impressed, but then again, I think Corey Clark was all that either....

I think Fantasia was superb last night and that look that she was giving Simon, as she was waiting for his critique, was priceless. Fantasia has the total package; she has a wonderful voice, uniqueness, personality and she shines on stage and off.

Up until last night, she wasn't one of my favorites. After last night, she is one of my favorites. She did a great job and I think the judges were right on about her!!!

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Quote Originally Posted by sher
    fantasia was the only performer that motivated me to actually call in some votes. she was definitely in a league all her own and i thought she was amazing. amazing.

The thing with Fantasia is her uniqueness. However, her voice is not necessarily universally appealing. I've noticed here that people either love or hate her. I for one adore her and hope she wins this thing because has such a different vocal sound and is endearingly un-polished. Even if she doesn't, her talent will get her signed as soon as the AI contracts allow. She exudes X-factor star quality IMO.
    Last edited by dvm; 02-11-2004 at 01:02 PM.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Susie
    Up until last night, she wasn't one of my favorites. After last night, she is one of my favorites. She did a great job and I think the judges were right on about her!!!
    she did sing great last night(best performance of the night) and i give her credit for not doing an easy song, but the ending to her song was weak in my opinion(that the only flaw i found). I just hope the judges don't hold back on the negative comments like they did with ruben last year in order to protect her. I noticed that for every other contestant they pointed out what was wrong with the performance, with Fantasia they pointed out what was right.

Quote Originally Posted by dvm
    :The thing with Fantasia is her uniqueness. However, her voice is not necessarily universally appealing.
    I agree dvm, Fantasiaís voice is not universally appealing; most voices arenít. But as for me, and I hope most of the voting public, I do find Fantasiaís voice appealing and her uniqueness is an added plus. I can always pop in CD that is good/great but also sounds similar to dozens of others. Itís those voices that stand out that catch my attention and are retained in my memory.

Voices are a basic necessity for a singing performer but they are not the total package.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by adidas
    I think she is decent, but I'm not digging her all that much, plus I think she is just an attitude explosion waiting to happen.

And why exactly do you think this?

Zam
    I'm in the camp that wasn't that impressed with Fantasia.

I'm sure it's already been mentioned, but I found her voice to be like fingernails on a chalkboard. I do believe based on the judges comments though that she'll advance to the next round.
    I hate reality TV....I only watch it because my wife forces me to!

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Delia
    She is a great singer and performer, but I don't wonna see her win this, because I think she's a bit too "old-fashioned". Maybe, she should go on Broadway instead.

By "old fashioned" you mean she actually can sing and doesn't need any technical enhancement? :rolleyes

+ Reply to Thread