+ Reply to Thread
Page 175 of 175 FirstFirst ... 75125165166167168169170171172173174175
Results 1,741 to 1,748 of 1748

Thread: Fantasia Barrino - FINALIST

Re: Fantasia Barrino - FINALIST

Manager says Fantasia hospitalized after overdose - NYPOST.com

Fantasia is in stable condition at a North Carolina hospital after taking an overdose of "aspirin and a sleep aid," according to the manager for the former "American Idol" champ.

The overdose came days after the singer was named in court documents by Paula Cook, who accused Fantasia of having an affair with her husband, Antwaun Cook.

Brian Dickens, Fantasia's manager, said in a statement Tuesday that winner was "overwhelmed by the lawsuit and the media attention."

"Last night, Fantasia was hospitalized. She took an overdose of aspirin and a sleep aid. Her injuries are not life threatening. She was dehydrated and exhausted at the time," he said. His statement did not specify where she was taken and he did not immediately return a call seeking comment
    'American Idol' winner Fantasia Barrino was hospitalized in North Carolina Monday for an overdose of medication, WCNC-TV reported Tuesday.
    Matt Sayles/AP
    "American Idol" winner Fantasia Barrino was hospitalized in North Carolina Monday for an overdose of medication, WCNC-TV reported Tuesday.

In the statement, Dickens acknowledged that Fantasia had a relationship with Cook for 11 months, but said that Fantasia believed Cook when he said "he was not happy in his marriage and his heart was not in it. She believed him when he told her he and Mrs. Cook were separated late in the summer of 2009."

After reading the filing from Paula Cook, Dickens said "there is plenty (Fantasia) does not know" and added that she's heartbroken over "any pain she may have caused."

Fantasia, who won the "American Idol" crown in 2004, is due to release her third album, "Back to Me," on Aug. 24. She was supposed to do promotion for the album this week; a Wednesday interview with The Associated Press was canceled earlier Tuesday.

Dickens noted the album release in his statement and also referred to one of the album's songs "I'm Here," which talks about being thankful for easy and hard times.

"Fantasia sends her praise to God and her eternal gratitude to her fans, friends, and family," Dickens said.

Since winning "Idol," the North Carolina resident has endured success as well as difficult times. While she's had both platinum and gold albums and starred on Broadway in "The Color Purple," she fell into legal troubles that almost forced her to lose her home in 2008.

A VH1 reality show, "Fantasia For Real," debuted earlier this year, chronicling her struggles as a single mother trying to support her family, as well as her attempts to jump-start her career, which has sagged in recent years.

Local police are reporting this as an attempted suicide.

As a big Fantasia detractor, I still do not like to see this sort of stuff happen. On a purely human level, I want her to be successful, but she, & probably more accurately, her family & management have been her worst enemies from the very start.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;4033297;

As a big Fantasia detractor, I still do not like to see this sort of stuff happen. On a purely human level, I want her to be successful, but she, & probably more accurately, her family & management have been her worst enemies from the very start.
    Agreed, Razor.

Quote Originally Posted by harleychick;4033411;
    Agreed, Razor.
    I also agree. I'm not surprised but what happened.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Fantasia Barrino is released from a North Carolina hospital | Show Tracker | Los Angeles Times

Fantasia Barrino has been released from the hospital, according to her manager Brian Dickens.

The 26-year-old "American Idol" champion has been hospitalized since Monday night after she overdosed on aspirin and a sleeping aid, according to a statement Dickens issued Tuesday.

"She has been lifted up by the outpouring of love and support from her fans," Dickens wrote in a new statement. "She is more committed than ever to her daughter and her work because they are her heart, her soul and inspiration."

Barrino took the medications because she was distraught after learning that a North Carolina woman accused her of breaking up her marriage in divorce papers. Dickens has acknowledged that Barrino had a relationship with the man but only because she believed he was separated

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;4033297;

I caught a few of the Fantasia reality tv show episodes and she needs to dump her brother Teeny and she also needs to handle her money because it will all be gone before she is 30 and living out of her car with her huge, huge, extended family.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;4034508;
    I caught a few of the Fantasia reality tv show episodes and she needs to dump her brother Teeny and she also needs to handle her money because it will all be gone before she is 30 and living out of her car with her huge, huge, extended family.
    So agree, it's happened too many times before.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Fantasia Barrino's Reality -- Staged Encounter with Married BF - Fantasia Barrino Reality Show? | TMZ.com

Fantasia's Reality -- Staged Encounter with Married BF

8/13/2010 11:55 AM PDT by TMZ Staff

Fantasia Barrino was spotted outside her North Carolina home yesterday -- alongside the married man who she allegedly had an "adulterous affair" with ... but the two weren't alone.
    The two reconnected just one day after Fantasia was released from the hospital ... following an aspirin overdose.
    But here's the rub -- the emotional rendezvous was all caught on tape by a camera crew that was clearly working with Fantasia and Antwaun Cook ... possibly for her reality show.

+ Reply to Thread