+ Reply to Thread
Page 173 of 175 FirstFirst ... 73123163164165166167168169170171172173174175 LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 1748

Thread: Fantasia Barrino - FINALIST

Re: Fantasia Barrino - FINALIST

I happen to love Fantasia also. As far as her having financial problems she is not first and she won't be last. I am not going to make fun because most of America is a paycheck away from being on the corner of Bankrupt and poorhouse.

Fantasia at least got a chance to realize some of her dreams. Jhud is engaged to one of Ms NY'S Jump off so she may find herself broke if she doesn't keep her eyes on her money.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3416370;
    I happen to love Fantasia also. As far as her having financial problems she is not first and she won't be last. I am not going to make fun because most of America is a paycheck away from being on the corner of Bankrupt and poorhouse.

Fantasia at least got a chance to realize some of her dreams. Jhud is engaged to one of Ms NY'S Jump off so she may find herself broke if she doesn't keep her eyes on her money.
    I know Fantasia isn't everyone's taste - the same way Adam isn't. I personally think she is great. The problem with Fantasia is that there really isn't a venue for her to shine.

She doesn't have the looks or mainstream voice that JHud and others have. She doesn't fit in with alot of things. I feel bad for her in this regard because I do think she is wildly talented.

She's very talented and got wonderful reviews when she was on Broadway. She also has quite a following on the Gospel circuit as the girl can sing some praise. She'll be okay.
    Self-reliance is the only road to true freedom, and being one's own person is its ultimate reward.
    --Patricia Sampson

There is a wonderful clip on youtube of Fantasia & Jennifer Hudson together at a Jhud concert in Atl. The audience went wild when Fantasia came out and they sang the song they do on Jhud's CD.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Fantasia was on Oprah yesterday talking about all her financial problems. How she was supporting her ENTIRE family, big house, cars.... I felt bad for her, but girl, make 'em work too!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

To the Point

Sounds like it's way past time for some tough love to me. I really can't even feel bad for her because one needs to know when to say no and when you've spent more than you have, especially when the support is for wants, not needs.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;3817864;
    Sounds like it's way past time for some tough love to me. I really can't even feel bad for her because one needs to know when to say no and when you've spent more than you have, especially when the support is for wants, not needs.
    She sounded like she had enough and did kick her brother out of her home. There is nothing wrong with helping out, but supporting 6 people?
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

Her show makes me sad. Fantasia is a great person. So sad that everyone takes advantage of her. J Records is wrong a lot. They try and make their soul artists as generic as possible. What is wrong with them? Her label mate, Monica, is going through the same madness on her show.

Her show makes me mad enough to spit nails. That brother of hers is the worst of the lot. I feel for her, and I'm glad she's cutting the cord on him.

In some families people tend to believe if one person in the family is rich we all are. My parents reminded us "we have money" you kids are just underaged freeloaders,lol. We learned if we wanted to have money we would earn it.

Fantasia's brother, Teeny would have been gone long before now if that was me.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread