+ Reply to Thread
Page 172 of 175 FirstFirst ... 72122162163164165166167168169170171172173174175 LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 1748

Thread: Fantasia Barrino - FINALIST

Re: Fantasia Barrino - FINALIST

I agree that she shouldn't have won AI, but when she did I wished her the best. I'm not sure that a financial manager would have gotten far with her. She seemed pretty strong willed and probably wouldn't listen to anyone. Ignoring her problems isn't going to make them go away. Sounds like she is going to have to hit bottom before she wises up. She has a lot of growing up to do.

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;3269954;
    I wasn't aware Semi-Famous, Past Idol "winners" could afford 1.3 million dollar homes or 250k for a car.. oh wait... they can't as Fanny here has shown. Again, I think the was the worst choice for a winner on ANY season (retracting my view on Hicks).

Greycat
    Her money (that she did make), I would assume, came from her book that she wrote (2005) and subsequent movie Life Is Not a Fairytale: The Fantasia Barrino Story. She played herself in it.. wow.. she can act too?! *snark off*

I thought she acted okay, it wasn't that bad.

All the contestants from season 3 were not that good. JH is a much better singer now, not so good back in 2004, Fantasia, I didn't like her voice at all.
    Last edited by graycat11; 01-08-2009 at 06:42 PM.

JHud has Fantasia singing with her on one of the songs in her CD. They go back and forth and every time Fantasia does her part I burst out laughing. I'm sorry. I don't mean to be cruel, but she sounds like a cartoon character compared to Jennifer.
    Count your blessings!

Fantasia Lands VH1 Reality Show Deal
    By Kristin Boehm

Fantasia Barrino must have loved being on reality TV. The former American Idol star will be back in the game come early 2010 starring in a new unscripted series on VH1.

"Fantasia has one of the most fascinating stories in show business, from her tough upbringing to her meteoric rise on the national scene thanks to American Idol,'" Jeff Olde, executive vp original programming at VH1, tells the Hollywood Reporter.

"Her challenges from fame and her unwillingness to fail have combined to create a larger-than-life talent who appeals to music lovers around the world. So many people wanted to work with her on this, but Fantasia is now part of the VH1 family, and we're so happy to have her."

The nine-time Grammy nominee, who has also been on Broadway and played herself in the Lifetime movie version of her autobiography Life Is Not a Fairy Tale, will chronicle her life as a recording artist and young single mother on the series.

"Fantasia's life has been an open book, but at 24 years old, her story has just begun," executive producer Randy Barbato said, according to the Reporter. "We look forward to smashing expectations and revealing the fresh, funny and unexpected side of this one-of-a-kind country girl and superstar."
    Link

Maybe they'll show all the banks lining up to take back her homes & $240,000 autos for not making the payments. Now, there's a dose of reality, I bet they avoid.

I loved Fantasia. I'll be watching as long as there is plenty of singing.
    Self-reliance is the only road to true freedom, and being one's own person is its ultimate reward.
    --Patricia Sampson

I can't stand her and will avoid the show like the plague.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

I love her and will watch the show no matter what.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3415751;
    Maybe they'll show all the banks lining up to take back her homes & $240,000 autos for not making the payments. Now, there's a dose of reality, I bet they avoid.
    Maybe it will follow her around as she ducks her creditors.. I am sure they will love it. Now they know where to find her!
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

You know how you can set your DVR to record programs every time a particular individual shows up in the guide? I have mine set to delete the whole channel every time the name Fantasia appears. Unfortunately, I have to go back & re add the Disney Channel every now & again.

+ Reply to Thread