+ Reply to Thread
Page 171 of 175 FirstFirst ... 71121161162163164165166167168169170171172173174175 LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 1748

Thread: Fantasia Barrino - FINALIST

Re: Fantasia Barrino - FINALIST

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;3087331;
    wow, someone was able to catch her in one of her like 7 shows?!

Sorry no love loss here for her, i think she was by far one of the worst Idol winners after Hicks
    Egads, Hicks if my favorite all-time best idol. Carrie is number 2. Oh well, to each his/her own.

Fantasia is my least favorite. Her voice made my ears hurt. At least Taylor is entertaining and doing a lot for charity, especially the Red Cross.

I hope Fantasia changes her hair color and style.
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

Quote Originally Posted by roses4me;3120265;
    Egads, Hicks if my favorite all-time best idol. Carrie is number 2. Oh well, to each his/her own.

Fantasia is my least favorite. Her voice made my ears hurt. At least Taylor is entertaining and doing a lot for charity, especially the Red Cross.

I hope Fantasia changes her hair color and style.
    She has had every color under the sun & every style known to modern man including the Black & White Cruella DeVille. What more could she do? And how terrorizing would it be?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;3087331;
    wow, someone was able to catch her in one of her like 7 shows?!

Sorry no love loss here for her, i think she was by far one of the worst Idol winners after Hicks
    Funny how we all see things so differently. Fantasia was - and probably will be - my most favorite Idol ever with Kelly C as a close second (although the Season 2 battle between Kimberly, CLay, and Reuben will forever be most most favorite seasons).

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Fantasia is without even being close, my least favorite person to ever appear on Idol...ever. But, I hate to see anyone go through this sort of thing. With all the opportunities & money making capabilities she has had thrown her way, Someone, Somewhere, has completely mismanaged her career from beginning to now. Sad, sad, sad.

She appears to have bit off more than she can chew. I understand growing up poor and finally having money you might tend to spend more than you should, but the house is valued at 1.1 million dollars. She obviously can't afford such a house so maybe she should scale it down a bit.

More issues for this former Idol Winner. I still say, someone, somewhere, has & continues to really mismanage her on issues more than just financial.

'AMERICAN IDOL' FANTASIA BARRINO IN DEBT ZONE - New York Post

FANTASIA IGNORES SHERIFF'S AUCTION PLEA; 5 DAYS TO GO

By VICTORIA CHERRIE

"Idol" winner Fantasia Barrino could be losing her Charlotte home next week.

Last updated: 1:25 pm
    January 7, 2009
    Posted: 2:35 am
    January 7, 2009
    CHARLOTTE, NC - Fantasia Barrino - who faces the loss of her $1.3 million home here in a debtor's auction set for noon Monday - is apparently ignoring the looming legal threat, officials told The Post yesterday.
    The inspirational "American Idol" winner owes a Florida credit company $65,000 - money she borrowed in 2006 to pay back taxes she owed the IRS.
    The singer made a $10,000 payment in August 2007. But she never paid the rest, so the company won the right in court last month to auction off her house for the balance.
    Mecklenburg County sheriff's deputies, who are responsible for enforcing civil court orders, have tried at least a dozen times to reach Barrino at the home and by phone, said Sgt. J.W. England, a supervisor of civil judgments.
    A deputy spoke a couple of times to Barrino's mother, but never reached the star, who appears to be ignoring attempts to save her house, officials said.
    "We try very hard and give the defendant every opportunity to pay," England said yesterday.
    Over the course of about a year, Barrino has never responded to court documents, and no lawyer ever appeared in court to represent her, said Larry Goldman, a Charlotte attorney representing the credit company, Broward Energy Management.
    "I certainly don't want anyone to lose their house," Goldman said. "But as far as I'm concerned, we have a judgment."
    Barrino, 24, has made no payments and filed no documents since The Post reported a court-ordered lien on the property in Charlotte's upscale Piper Glen neighborhood last month.
    Goldman said he never heard from Barrino's representatives until after the judge's order. He said he has since spoken twice with reps who haven't offered to resolve the debt but said they'd get back in touch before next Monday.
    "My client has continuously asked me why they won't just pay it," Goldman said. "I just don't have an answer."
    Barrino's attorney, Gary Greenberg declined to comment yesterday.
    "It's my practice not to talk about client matters," he said.
    Barrino's agent, Erin Culley, referred questions to the singer's publicist but was unable to provide contact information for that person.
    Barrino, who starred as herself in a Lifetime movie chronicling her rags-to-riches story, won the third season of "American Idol" in 2004. Her fame continued when she landed a role on Broadway in the "The Color Purple." But she drew negative publicity after pulling out of the show with no explanation. She later told a magazine that she had been suffering from a cyst in her throat.
    No one answered the door at the singer's two-story home yesterday where four vehicles were parked outside.
    After the auction comes a 10-day period when anyone can offer a higher upset bid. Depending on how many come in, the actual sale could take months. Once it's final, the new homeowner is responsible for evicting whoever still lives there, England said.
    In 2005, Barrino nearly lost another home she owns in Charlotte as well as her red $240,000 Mercedes Benz.
    She apparently ignored a lien on that home, valued at $740,000, brought by the neighborhood association after she failed to pay fees and other costs. The case was eventually dismissed, according to court documents.
    Last year, Barrino failed to pay a promissory note on $187,809 she borrowed to buy her Mercedes. The dealership that sold her the car sued, but the matter was resolved.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Goodness. She needs to hire a good financial management person. Some people just can't handle money.

$240,000 for a Mercedes Benz! She isn't doing any concerts, her cd's are doing okay but where is the rest of her income, coming from. Dropped out of Color Purple because of a cyst, if that was true, we would have heard more about it in the news.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

I wasn't aware Semi-Famous, Past Idol "winners" could afford 1.3 million dollar homes or 250k for a car.. oh wait... they can't as Fanny here has shown. Again, I think the was the worst choice for a winner on ANY season (retracting my view on Hicks).

Greycat
    Her money (that she did make), I would assume, came from her book that she wrote (2005) and subsequent movie Life Is Not a Fairytale: The Fantasia Barrino Story. She played herself in it.. wow.. she can act too?! *snark off*
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

+ Reply to Thread