+ Reply to Thread
Page 170 of 175 FirstFirst ... 70120160161162163164165166167168169170171172173174175 LastLast
Results 1,691 to 1,700 of 1748

Thread: Fantasia Barrino - FINALIST

Re: Fantasia Barrino - FINALIST

Click to see Spoiler:
    IIRC, those are the brothers that thought they were the greatest thing since sliced bread, right? If so, heaven help us...

ETA: Since this is the Fantasia thread, congrats to her on her single being at #1 for seven weeks!!!
    Last edited by Amanda; 08-16-2007 at 09:17 AM.

I am not the biggest Fantasia fan, but I would still like to congratulate her on the reviews she has been getting for her Broadway role. I have read many people praising her. Good for you Fantasia!!!

Click to see Spoiler:
    In answer to your question, these were the brothers from Memphis that were completely over the top & then when they got dismissed it was found out they were under indictment for stealing someone else's credit info to finance a car or something weird like that.
    Last edited by Amanda; 08-16-2007 at 09:17 AM.

Since her add date, Fantasia's new single Only One U made its debut at #76 on the R&B charts under the interesting moves section and on URBAN AC, it is at #35.

Congrats to Fantasia on her three Grammy nods!

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;2357325;
    IMO, Jennifer didn't win because Fantasia and Diana were better - Diana a better singer and Fantasia a better performer. And I don't doubt for a minute that the producers don't manipulate votes to keep people longer. I'm a pretty cynical person, but I gotta believe that if they did anything manipulative with the votes, the show would go down in flames and they'd lose all their proceeds to lawsuits galore a long the way.

I believe what Simon said. With minor exceptions here and there, the public gets it right. While I might not agree with places 3 through 5 or so, the right two people have gotten to places 1 and 2 and the right one has won each and every season.

Go Fantasa!
    In the movie "Dreamgirls," I think that Jennifer proved to be the better singer and better performer. I happen to like Fantasia, Latoya, and Jennifer. All three have great singing voices, but different. We tend to see differences as good or bad...right or wrong, when it's just different.

Leo
    Premium Member

'tis the season to fire Idols....

Fantasia dropped by 19 Management? | American Idol, Music, Music Biz | Hollywood Insider | EW.com

Fantasia dropped by 19 Management?
    Jun 26, 2008, 04:03 PM | by Shirley Halperin

Categories: American Idol, Music, Music Biz

Since her 2004 American Idol win, Fantasia Barrino has weathered her fair share of music business shake-ups, surviving mergers and the recent repositioning of her mentor Clive Davis, who signed her to J Records. Though she still has her contract at J, EW.com now hears that as of today, Fantasia has been dropped from 19 Management. The reason for the split, according to sources, is that age-old saw "creative differences." However, like many other Idol contestants, Fantasia remains on the label 19 Recordings and will continue to share music sales profits with the company.

Given the poor climate for record sales, and the lackluster sales of many Idol releases, Fantasia's albums have done fairly well. Her debut, Free Yourself, sold almost 2 million copies, and the follow-up, 2006's Fantasia, went gold and garnered three Grammy nominations. She also starred in her own Lifetime TV biopic, authored a book about her rags-to-riches story, and received top billing in the Broadway production of The Color Purple. Says one executive and Fantasia defender: "She's a star and so multi-talented in every area. Sometimes you have to sever a relationship in order to move forward, but there's no doubt that Fantasia is accomplished and has proven herself. Someone will want to represent her."

A rep for 19 declined to comment, but assured EW that management deals for David Cook, Carrie Underwood, Chris Daughtry, Jordin Sparks, and Blake Lewis remain intact. 19 also represents Annie Lennox and The Spice Girls.

The look may have something to do with it. Lord have mercy...

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Now just because you know how to post pictures don't mean you've gotta be mean to my 'Tasia
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Getting away from 19 management is good for her. My family in NY says she was awesome in th color purple. What I have heard from some in the industry is not all good about 19 Management.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3086524;
    Getting away from 19 management is good for her. My family in NY says she was awesome in th color purple. What I have heard from some in the industry is not all good about 19 Management.

wow, someone was able to catch her in one of her like 7 shows?!

Sorry no love loss here for her, i think she was by far one of the worst Idol winners after Hicks
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

+ Reply to Thread