+ Reply to Thread
Page 169 of 175 FirstFirst ... 69119159160161162163164165166167168169170171172173174175 LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,690 of 1748

Thread: Fantasia Barrino - FINALIST

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Re: Fantasia Barrino - FINALIST

Quote Originally Posted by Celestique;2439740;
    I saw Fantasia in the Color Purple a week ago on Broadway. Place was packed, and the show was stellar. They all received a standing ovation, particularly Fantasia, and it was well-deserved. You wouldn't think it was her when she first comes out in her dowdy clothes and shy demeanor. Totally transforms into Celie. Then, she eventually grows in confidence and just lets that beautiful voice shine. You can feel her frustrations, her sadness, and finally her faith in herself as Celie. She really deserves the praise she's getting. I was moved, and several others were moved to tears as well.
    Thanks for the review Celestique! I'm jealous you got to see Fantasia! I'm glad to know she's getting the praise and accolades too! I'm so proud and happy for her!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

FORT Fogey

Thanks for sharing Celestique. I would love to see Fantasia in the show. Her performances in AI were very theatrical - and spot on.

I think she's an innately gifted performer.

lei
    FORT Fogey

I really enjoyed her performances and am glad she's doing so well. I bet she's awesome on Broadway

Notice the article refers to Fantasia as a GASP American Idol winner.

Variety.com - Fantasia extends stay with 'Purple'

Fantasia extends stay with 'Purple'
    'Idol' winner will star in musical through Jan. 6
    By GORDON COX

Box office draw Fantasia Barrino has reupped with “The Color Purple.” The “American Idol” winner, who stepped into the lead role of “Purple” in April and was skedded to depart in October, will now topline the Rialto tuner through Jan. 6.
    That’s good news for “Purple,” which opened in December 2005 and powered through its first year on the boards before enduring dips in sales last season.
    Barrino’s first week in the show raised sales to $1.2 million, up a staggering $365,000 over the prior frame. The thesp, a legit newbie, unexpectedly wowed critics and weekly sales have continued briskly, several times topping $1 million

lei
    FORT Fogey

I'm really happy for her success. Wish I could see the show.

(But what's this "American Idol" thing I keep hearing about? )

I think Broadway sounds like a good fit for Fantasia. As a recording artist, I don't think she stands out from the crowd very much, but, yeah, she did show a flair for the dramatic when she appeared on that little-known TV talent show back in 2004. (What was it called? I forget.)

Seriously, I do hope it won't be too long before the media will see fit to drop the "Idol" label. Even "also-rans" like Jennifer Hudson and Josh Gracin seem to get media write-ups these days that don't even mention AI. But I guess if your mug is staring the Idol audience in the face 2 or 3 times a week for 4 months every year on a gigantic backdrop, that makes it harder for the public to let you "move on."
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ß;-D

When I See U is number one for a consecutive seven weeks in a row on the R&B charts.

Congrats Tasia!

FORT Regular

Fantasia is doing her thing.I'm so proud of her.Keep killing them Tasia!

Fantasia should land her 8th consecutive week at #1 for her current single When I See U, but this may be her last week at #1 because Musiq is right on her heels to take over the #1 spot.

Her next single is Only One U and has went for adds last week on URBAN and URBAN AC and was the 2nd highest ad added that week next to 50 cent.

So request it at ur urban/urban ac and rhythmic stations.

Since I didn't see any mention of it, Tasia was on Good Morning America's summer concert series July 13th she sang her new signature song I'm Here and WISU. She also sang Bore Me(Yawn), but that wasn't shown on air. I dunno if we can post youtube links on here, but if you do a youtube search you will find it.

She is also in August's issue of O Magazine and has an excellent interview with oprah and some great pictures. Here is the zshare audio of the interview from the book...Oprah's cut
    Last edited by Middlesister; 08-15-2007 at 10:11 AM.

Click to see Spoiler:
    Fantasia's brother has passed the first round of auditions & made it to Hollywood. And so have the Brittenum twins....again.
    Last edited by Amanda; 08-16-2007 at 09:12 AM.

+ Reply to Thread