+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fantasia Barrino - FINALIST

Re: Fantasia Barrino - FINALIST

I was reading more reviews for the Color Purple and all of them rave of Fantasia's performance in the show. I am so happy for her.

She just won a pretigious award for her Broadway debut. If she's as good as her reviews say she is, I bet there's a Tony Award nomination in her future.

Welcome to FORT MsDiva!
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Link Here

Fantasia to Perform at Tony Awards; More Presenters Announced
    By: Brian Scott Lipton

Fantasia Barrino, the former American Idol champion who has earned rave reviews for her portrayal of Celie in the Broadway musical The Color Purple, will perform at the 61st annual Tony Awards ceremony, to be held at 8pm on Sunday, June 10 at Radio City Music Hall and broadcast live on CBS Television.

In addition, the show's producers have announced that the ceremony will feature musical numbers from the four nominees for Best Musical and the three currently running nominees for Best Revival of a Musical: Curtains, Grey Gardens, Mary Poppins, Spring Awakening, A Chorus Line, Company, and 110 in the Shade. The fourth Best Revival nominee, The Apple Tree, will not perform on the telecast, nor will the shows not nominated for Best Musical.

The evening's presenters will include Harry Connick, Jr., Kevin Spacey, Usher, Vanessa Williams, Claire Danes, Jeff Daniels, Brian Dennehy, Carla Gugino, Neil Patrick Harris, Anne Heche, Marg Helgenberger, Judd Hirsch, Felicity Huffman, Melina Kanakaredes, Eddie Izzard, Jane Krakowski, Angela Lansbury, Robert Sean Leonard, Audra McDonald, Cynthia Nixon, Bernadette Peters, William Petersen, David Hyde Pierce, Liev Schreiber, John Turturro, Sam Waterston, Rainn Wilson, Patrick Wilson, and the leads of Jersey Boys: Christian Hoff, Daniel Reichard, J. Robert Spencer, and John Lloyd Young. There is no host at this time.

For tickets to the Tony Awards, a complete list of nominees, or other information, visit The American Theatre Wing's Tony Awards - Official Website by IBM.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I so enjoyed Fantasia's performance on the Tony Awards. Fantasia was excellent she was crying and she totally blew me away.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;2436430;
    I so enjoyed Fantasia's performance on the Tony Awards. Fantasia was excellent she was crying and she totally blew me away.
    i don't even like her, but i agree last night's performance was good. maybe she's found her place....

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;2436430;
    I thought she was awesome too! She looked and sounded great!!

With Harvey Finestein and Bernadette Peters

Last edited by bbnbama; 06-11-2007 at 09:08 AM. Reason: add photos.........

I'm happy for her but that dress? Yikes!

Thanks for posting those great pictures here and in Carrie's thread, bbnbama. You're fabutabolistic.
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

I just saw the performances on youtube it was amazing simply beautiful......

Good Lord...crying girl is e-v-e-r-y-w-h-e-r-e..........

Child, get a life and go home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw Fantasia in the Color Purple a week ago on Broadway. Place was packed, and the show was stellar. They all received a standing ovation, particularly Fantasia, and it was well-deserved. You wouldn't think it was her when she first comes out in her dowdy clothes and shy demeanor. Totally transforms into Celie. Then, she eventually grows in confidence and just lets that beautiful voice shine. You can feel her frustrations, her sadness, and finally her faith in herself as Celie. She really deserves the praise she's getting. I was moved, and several others were moved to tears as well.
    Why is it boys talk so much, when they have nothing to say? And girls have plenty to say, but no one will listen?
    --Vada Sultenfuss

+ Reply to Thread