+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fantasia Barrino - FINALIST

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix1964;2259228;
    side note, the judges of AI were on the tonight show two weeks ago and according to them they think Fantasia is the best singer out of the whole AI bunch.
    I heard that too!
    BTW, Fantasia is going to be on Oprah today.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    side note, the judges of AI were on the tonight show two weeks ago and according to them they think Fantasia is the best singer out of the whole AI bunch.
    i think they were just helping to promote her newest persuits ... but i'm cynical like that

I honestly think they were just saying that to promote her next career move. IMO she is no where near the best singer out of the whole AI bunch. I would say that Carrie and Kelly are the best
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    I don't know why they would say that to promote her next career move...they don't do it for any of the other Idols....I've seen them say in quite a few interviews, even when she didn't have something to promote, that they thought Fantasia was the best!

Best could mean many different things so it could be best at entertaining, best at conveying emotion in a song.....etc.........
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;2259565;
    I honestly think they were just saying that to promote her next career move. IMO she is no where near the best singer out of the whole AI bunch. I would say that Carrie and Kelly are the best
    well she is the most unique of the bunch

Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00;2261126;
    well she is the most unique of the bunch
    And a darn good singer. Some people may not like her style, but that should not diminish her talent. Personally, I didn't think Diana belonged on the same stage as Fantasia. She could sing, but I found her bland and boring. But again, that's my opinion. Obviously, others loved her.

I hope she does well in the Color Purple. It's a big role. She's an entertainer and she'll sell tickets. That's the name of the game...

Oh and one more opinion...I think Kelly is in a league all her own as well. As well as Carrie has done, she's no Kelly Clarkson. Not by a mile.

I don't think that Carrie's aspirations are to be a Kelly Clarkson. I can see that many eople, myself included, would like one and not care for the other one. They both have their fans and I'm sure that's fine with them.

And I also liked Diana better than Fantasia. I just really like to hear some words with the music and not all of that screeching and painful looking posturing.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;2267258;
    ...I just really like to hear some words with the music and not all of that screeching and painful looking posturing.
    me too. that's why i liked fantasia's "summertime" performance the best out of anything she's done. it truly was beautiful, from a voice that i really couldn't stand to listen to the rest of the show.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Patti LaBelle was on the radio this morning, and she referred to Fantasia as "Baby Patti". If Ms. LaBelle, herself, thinks that, who am I to argue? Quite an honor!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2267582;
    Patti LaBelle was on the radio this morning, and she referred to Fantasia as "Baby Patti". If Ms. LaBelle, herself, thinks that, who am I to argue? Quite an honor!
    Wow- what a compliment!

+ Reply to Thread