+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fantasia Barrino - FINALIST

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;2254877;
    I thought Diana was about the best they had that year. I thought that she was far better than Fantasia. I said exactly what you're saying at the time, about Fantasia. I couldn't believe that SHE won without a lot of help from somewhere.
    Evidently you must have misunderstood me the comment was regarding Diana, she could not sing at all to me..........

I LOVE Fantasia and I don't think Diana shouldof even made it to the Top 2! Diana doesn't even come close to the talent Fantasia has!
    Get Fantasia's self titled CD, in stores now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by luvlady345;2255070;
    Evidently you must have misunderstood me the comment was regarding Diana, she could not sing at all to me..........
    No, I don't think I misunderstood. You said that you wondered how Diana ended up in final two and I said that I felt the same about Fantasia at the time. I didn't see how she ended up in the final two and most especially that she won. Her win just reinforced my suspicion that people were not voting for talent. Once I understood that it's just a popularity contest I don't let it bother me. If they are good enough they will do well after AI no matter what order they finish.

FORT Fogey
    Well, IMHO, Diana can outsing Fantasia any day of the week and definately deserved number 2.

However, Fantasia out performed and out entertained Diana by 100 miles and deserved the win.

Simon once said that America gets it right. I agree with that. Other than the occassional exception along the way, America has gotten the winner - and the final two - right.

Kelly and Justin
    Ruben and Clay
    Fantasia and Diana
    Carrie and Bo
    Taylor and Katherine

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;2254877;
    I thought Diana was about the best they had that year. I thought that she was far better than Fantasia. I said exactly what you're saying at the time, about Fantasia. I couldn't believe that SHE won without a lot of help from somewhere.
    I thought Diana was great and I was holding my breath when the results were read. I had no idea how it would unfold.
    Yes Muduh, Fantasia had help alright... It was from all us dedicated people in North Carolina for starters & then various people from various places got votes in too.
    Fantasia was determined and she's the true meaning of Perseverance.
    Fantasia's movie was on Lifetime again last night and as usual...
    I cried like a baby.
    I'm truly happy for her. While she isn't the most successful winner, or most popular winner, she's still a winner.. She won the title and I'm very proud of what she's become. What she's continuing to do and how she overcame obstacles to get where she is tells the tale of Rags to Riches and being lucky enough to live your dream.
    Everyone deserves that chance if they are lucky enough to stumble upon it.
    Fantasia had a Guardian Angel in Atlanta at the auditions.
    That tells me all I need to know.
    I'd love to see her in "The Color Purple" on Broadway...
    If anyone gets to see it, please give a review here.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;2255406;
    No, I don't think I misunderstood. You said that you wondered how Diana ended up in final two and I said that I felt the same about Fantasia at the time. I didn't see how she ended up in the final two and most especially that she won. Her win just reinforced my suspicion that people were not voting for talent. Once I understood that it's just a popularity contest I don't let it bother me. If they are good enough they will do well after AI no matter what order they finish.
    Well if you think that AI is a popularity contest, then Diana would have won hands downs dontcha think........

No, she didn't win because Fantasia got the popularity vote. There are people who make their decision of who should win before they ever step on stage. They vote and vote, good or bad, till the show is over. That person may or may not be much of a singer.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;2255759;
    No, she didn't win because Fantasia got the popularity vote. There are people who make their decision of who should win before they ever step on stage. They vote and vote, good or bad, till the show is over. That person may or may not be much of a singer.
    Well AI is a personal opinion people vote for who they personally connect with and who they think can sing, if you thought that Diana could sing then that's your personal opinion, but million of people didn't agree with you, so let's just agree to disagree, for me Fantasia was the better singer of the 2, out of the talent that year Diana for me wasn't even in the top 8, my hey that's just me...

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    let's not forget that this IS a tv show, and it's all about ratings ... so who can say the 'votes' they say they got are even accurate? i don't believe for a moment that the producers will not manipulate the numbers in order to keep certain people in the competition longer, just for the sake of drama and keeping people watching (or getting mad, which makes them talk about the show even more).

and i agree with you muduh when you said "If they are good enough they will do well after AI no matter what order they finish." jennifer hudson is a perfect example of this. and i didn't even care for her much on the show!

FORT Fogey
    side note, the judges of AI were on the tonight show two weeks ago and according to them they think Fantasia is the best singer out of the whole AI bunch.

+ Reply to Thread