+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 175 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Fantasia Barrino - FINALIST

I think her overconfidence may have a detrimental effect as time goes on. I think that generally when a contestant seems to think that they've got it in the bag, people want to take them down a notch...like when Tamyra got voted off and Justin G. was in the bottom two one week.

And her voice sounds like she primes it with sandpaper before each performance. Somebody get this girl a tablespoon of olive oil, STAT!
    fka kickstand

Can Ya Dig It?

Quote Originally Posted by Lolls
    I think her overconfidence may have a detrimental effect as time goes on. I think that generally when a contestant seems to think that they've got it in the bag, people want to take them down a notch...like when Tamyra got voted off and Justin G. was in the bottom two one week.

And her voice sounds like she primes it with sandpaper before each performance. Somebody get this girl a tablespoon of olive oil, STAT!
    Some people like that scrapyness to the voice, George Huff has something very similar to it. Fantasia is often compared to Macy Gray, which I spose' is a good comparison.
    Proud hater of all the wannabe divas on AI3 (Mainly Latoya and Fantasia).

Fantasia is a very polished, confident performer and she produces her voice extremely well. That, IMO, is why she's a very serious contender. However, I do not actually like the sound of her voice at all; it's screechy, nasal, and harsh, however well-produced and in tune. I do think she comes across as being extremely overpleased with herself - as opposed to say, LaToya, who is more along the lines of extremely confident in a polite way. I know Fantasia is almost a lock for the top four, and she deserves to be there in this extremely mediocre group of people, but I deeply hope she does not win.

Macy Gray=One Hit Wonder
    fka kickstand

Can Ya Dig It?

I love Fantasia's unique voice and I know she will indeed go far in this competition. Whether you like her voice or not, there's one thing you can not deny---she has talent!
    "Nothing ever comes to one, that is worth having, except as a result of hard work."--Booker T. Washington, 1901

LOL Sand Pare... LOL

Anyways, I cant really decide if i hate her or if I love her. But yeah, I get what you are saying about the sand paper. And her voice does get a tad bit wierd and screechy when she belts at the top of her range.
    Latoya London all the way!!!

Jennifer Hudson... you were robbed. I will miss you.

Answer's in John 3:16 Apollonia's Avatar
    I think her overconfidence may have a detrimental effect as time goes on. I think that generally when a contestant seems to think that they've got it in the bag, people want to take them down a notch...
    For me talent is important, yes, number one, but character goes a long way and that is something that for me is missing in Fantasia. Some people will not agree with that because she's got a certain way about her but for me its not genuine, I like real and the confidence spoken off is really turning me off. I'm just not liking her.
    Inscribe zany quip here

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AI Critic
    However, there is something rather grating about the sound of her voice. I can listen to Jasmine and Diana for hours, and the thing with her is, I can't.
    The screeching on high notes has GOT to stop.

Fantasia will get votes from me for the entire 2 hrs. that the phone lines are open....... Not to mention all the other people I know that will be voting for her the whole 2 hours as well........ Go Fantasia- bring on the "country tune" tonight..... I have a feeling many of the other contestants will "butcher" country... Fantasia rocks- she can sing anything! Not only that-she will be successful & get a recording deal whether she wins or not & you can take that to the bank-lol

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Quote Originally Posted by 4#24Jeff
    Fantasia will get votes from me for the entire 2 hrs. that the phone lines are open....... Not to mention all the other people I know that will be voting for her the whole 2 hours as well........ Go Fantasia- bring on the "country tune" tonight..... I have a feeling many of the other contestants will "butcher" country... Fantasia rocks- she can sing anything! Not only that-she will be successful & get a recording deal whether she wins or not & you can take that to the bank-lol
    Yeah-yeah! I'll be voting for the entire 2 hours. I hope she does well with the theme this week too-- country will be tough.

+ Reply to Thread