+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 175 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Fantasia Barrino - FINALIST

Fantasia ROCKS!!!!!

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    I might be a wee biased, since I'm from NC, but I think that Fantasia might win. Sure, her voice is a little raspy, but she definitely knows who she is as a performer and isn't afraid, unlike the majority of the singers right now. As an added bonus, she's not boring and she works the crowd really well.

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar
    Yeah. She might win. She's still not my absolute favorite, but now I don't completely hate her like I did before.

I just hate the screeching on high notes.

I can see her along with about 4 others as the one to win the competition.
    I think that her biggest competition right now is Latoya and Jon Peter Lewis.

I think her and George had the best performances last week.

Although Camiles my fave, i just dont see her being a great winner of this show - like with KimL, but like KimL I hope she does well enough to get her own career off the ground, and the pressures of being an American Idol wont be on her.
    So that is why I want Fantasia to win.
    Shes just fantastic isnt she? - shes quirky, unique and amazing.
    Another important factor with her is that I cant imagine being disapointed by a single performance of hers in the show.
    This is another great quality to have - seen as I couldnt imagine being disapointed with any of Ruben or Kellys performance - whereas (for Ruben) with Clay, Josh and KimL they sometimes disapointed - Clay was a bit un- American Idol with a couple of performances.
    And for Kelly - Justin and Tamyra disapointed a couple of times, well Tamyra only once - but obviously enough!
    So this is great quality for Fantasia IMO, because I could imagine JPL, LaToya, George and Jasmine (her strong competitors imo) disapointing...
    Mario Vazquez - Still My American Idol

Go Fantasia!!!! I loved your performance last Tuesday!!! Keep up the good work!!!
    Get Fantasia's self titled CD, in stores now!!!

FORT Fanatic
    There's no question of doubt Fantasia's an excellent vocalist. However, there is something rather grating about the sound of her voice. I can listen to Jasmine and Diana for hours, and the thing with her is, I can't.

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    I just think Fantasia has a great attitude about herself and life in general. You just can't take things too seriously and you have to believe in yourself in order to succeed. Someone else said on another thread ( I can't remember who), that she's the only contestant he'd actually pay money to go see. I totally agree with this sentiment. A Fantasia concert would be a lot of fun!

I also think her style is a hybrid of Aretha and Tina Turner-- both not universally appealling, but totally gifted and respected in the music biz. I'm sure Fantasia will do well even if she didn't win. I totally see that "X" factor, star quality that Simon always refers to in her.

Quote Originally Posted by AI Critic
    There's no question of doubt Fantasia's an excellent vocalist. However, there is something rather grating about the sound of her voice. I can listen to Jasmine and Diana for hours, and the thing with her is, I can't.

I actually liked Fantasia's performance last Tuesday a lot! That's exactly what I love about her...her performances. But with the MP3s, her voice doesn't appeal to me as much as the guys' and out of the girls Diana and Jasmine. I think that's all in personal preference of musical style and her vocal style doesn't fit with mine.
    *Lacey

+ Reply to Thread