+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 175 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Fantasia Barrino - FINALIST

Quote Originally Posted by Tirlittan
    It will be hard, but she also knows she is building something up for her future and her daughter's future. Having such a supporting family it is not a problem, just a little heartache that will pass.
    I agree.
    I think she has a very supportive family who will help her out and should she win the competition, I believe TPTB will do everything they an to ensure she spends as much time with her daughter as possible.

I watched the show again this morning and my jury is still out on her voice, I'm really not sure I like it, but boy does she know how to command the crowd.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Yes, I believe that she picked up a lot of performance tricks and experience from the boat. That would help give an edge.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I really really just can't listen to this girl.

Her voice really grates on me like nails on a chalkboard.

She does have a confident stage presence, but I just cannot listen to her without cringing. IMO she should have been in the bottom 3 over Jennifer Hudson for sure.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    Yes, I believe that she picked up a lot of performance tricks and experience from the boat. That would help give an edge.
    I actually think that Jennifer Hudson was the one who worked on a cruise ship. But I could be wrong about that.
    fka kickstand

Can Ya Dig It?

Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    Eldee, Jennifer was the one who worked on a cruise ship.

Quote Originally Posted by dvm
    ilene4clay, if you didn't want "glass house" responses, then you shouldn't have thrown stones.

Anyways, there is a lot of stuff you can poke holes at in her package and performance, but I've gotta say she is so awesome and she knows it. Fantasia can go on with her bad self! She rocked last night and she got the entire crowd on their feet. I loved every second of it. I loved her package, I loved her brother brushing his shoulder off, and I adored her kid-- what a cutiepie. She is amazing and doesn't come off amateurish in the least. I thought Randy was right on with his Aretha comment-- this chick has pipes AND soul.

I love her so much. I would love nothing more than a Fantasia vs. George final 2. She's FABULOUS!!!
    Well said on all accounts, dvm. And I agree...a Fantasia/George final 2 would be a lot of fun!

Well, farewell to the cruise ship experience. (I don't think that Jennifer really benefitted from her job that much ). At least Fantasia got the church choir background.

Answer's in John 3:16 Apollonia's Avatar
    I can't quite put my finger on it, but I'm not too crazy about Fantasia, she's just not gracious, I think thats the word that makes the most sense to me. I dunno....she just does nothing for me, in fact I'm actually siding a bit to the not liking side.....
    Inscribe zany quip here

I also don't really like Fantasia. She knows how to get the crowd into it and that's great but her voice gets to me too. I can't listen to that type of music and I'm hoping she doesn't make it 'til the end. If she does happen to make it all the way, good for her but I wouldn't buy her album.

I don't like her voice but, I think that her loud voice and overt "confidence" might put her ahead of some others. People want to be able to hear a song and not fall asleep.

+ Reply to Thread