+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 175 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Fantasia Barrino - FINALIST

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilean4clay
    Well, it didn't take long to get my trite "glass house" reply. Lucky me.
    ilene4clay, if you didn't want "glass house" responses, then you shouldn't have thrown stones.

Anyways, there is a lot of stuff you can poke holes at in her package and performance, but I've gotta say she is so awesome and she knows it. Fantasia can go on with her bad self! She rocked last night and she got the entire crowd on their feet. I loved every second of it. I loved her package, I loved her brother brushing his shoulder off, and I adored her kid-- what a cutiepie. She is amazing and doesn't come off amateurish in the least. I thought Randy was right on with his Aretha comment-- this chick has pipes AND soul.

I love her so much. I would love nothing more than a Fantasia vs. George final 2. She's FABULOUS!!!

FORT Newbie

wooooooooo!

Fantasia got it, she owns it, she oozessss it, She IS it!!!!!

Fantasia- American Idol 2004

Vote 4 Fantasia!!!!!!!

It will be hard for her and her daughter--being away to be in the competition. Just like for Josh last year.

It will be hard, but she also knows she is building something up for her future and her daughter's future. Having such a supporting family it is not a problem, just a little heartache that will pass. Of all the contestants who I think "deserve" to win I hope Fantasia will take the title, just for Fantasia.
    It's tough to be a single parent, and I think we got to see glimpses of the more serious side of Fantasia is her "package", and I liked that side a lot. It added to her "crazy" side. I can not really choose performance wise between Jasmine, George, Latoya and Fantasia, but Fantasia definately wins in the personality and background department (not by much, but she does).
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

I like Fantasia alright...she is enjoyable to watch, but not my favorite. She does have a Macy Gray vibe, but Macy Gray is a one-hit wonder, at least up to this point. And I also think that the BoBo might just get old, like the 205 jersey of last season. I am afraid that she is too comfortable and perhaps even too confident...that kind of rubs me the wrong way. I am afraid that she could go the way of Tamyra Gray and get voted off for being over-praised, and seeming to know she's got it in the bag, so to speak. Just my thoughts on the great Fantasia.

I have a 14 month old (see avtar), and I can't imagine having enough time to be a mom to her and to be in the AI competition. I know some can pull it off, but I couldn't. I did get a funny feeling watching her package video that was so heavily about how she was raised with certain values juxtiposed with the fact that she had a child at 17 and is not married. Not that it's a crime, mind you, it just took points away from her for me personally.
    fka kickstand

Can Ya Dig It?

I hate to say this, but I don't really care for her. She puts on a good show, but her voice is annoying to me & my 10 year old son says it hurts his ears & she sounds like a dying cat....lol! Just being honest here....

ilean4clay, as far as I know, we can talk about the contestants here (whether anyone does or does not agree with you) and you shouldn't have to receive personal comments/jabs in return.

I think that she has a loud singing voice. I wasn't crazy about it before and I'm not impressed now. She can sing very loudly though and that was good in comparison to some of the contestants who couldn't project that well.

Quote Originally Posted by dvm
    ilene4clay, if you didn't want "glass house" responses, then you shouldn't have thrown stones.

Anyways, there is a lot of stuff you can poke holes at in her package and performance, but I've gotta say she is so awesome and she knows it. Fantasia can go on with her bad self! She rocked last night and she got the entire crowd on their feet. I loved every second of it. I loved her package, I loved her brother brushing his shoulder off, and I adored her kid-- what a cutiepie. She is amazing and doesn't come off amateurish in the least. I thought Randy was right on with his Aretha comment-- this chick has pipes AND soul.

I love her so much. I would love nothing more than a Fantasia vs. George final 2. She's FABULOUS!!!

I agree with every single thing you said dvm- You left nothing out! Fantasia rocks my world! Believe it or not according to her, she still hasn't given 100% - she said she's gonna bring it up a little more every week! WOW- she amazes me! I want her to win this competition badly! I voted the entire 2 hrs. last night- didn't get thru much at all. Although she was born & raised in High Point, she actually lives here in Greensboro. We are really proud of her!! If & when AI does a "Disco" night, I think she could nail "I Love The Nightlife- by Alicia Bridges!!" Do the "BoBo" & keep voting! We'll take her to the top!!!

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Quote Originally Posted by 4#24Jeff
    I agree with every single thing you said dvm- You left nothing out! Fantasia rocks my world! Believe it or not according to her, she still hasn't given 100% - she said she's gonna bring it up a little more every week! WOW- she amazes me! I want her to win this competition badly! I voted the entire 2 hrs. last night- didn't get thru much at all. Although she was born & raised in High Point, she actually lives here in Greensboro. We are really proud of her!! If & when AI does a "Disco" night, I think she could nail "I Love The Nightlife- by Alicia Bridges!!" Do the "BoBo" & keep voting! We'll take her to the top!!!
    Have you been practicing the BoBo?

Quote Originally Posted by dvm
    Have you been practicing the BoBo?
    yeah A little bit! Fantasia was at our local Fox station before she left to go back to L.A. and was teaching it to the morning news anchors
    She said you gotta do it "smooth" & "not to rush it" She's got everyone talking about the "BoBo" here LOL She rocks!

+ Reply to Thread