+ Reply to Thread
Page 104 of 175 FirstFirst ... 454949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114154 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1748

Thread: Fantasia Barrino - FINALIST

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by addikted
    Didn't catch the Motown special, but as someone who's been unfortunate enough to experience Macy Gray live, I have to say that if the criteria for winning American Idol was singing better than Macy, you'd have to make room for 12 crowns. While I give Macy credit for being a gifted songwriter, the judge's vocal comparison of Fantasia to Macy was a huge disservice to Fantasia and just shows the sheep herd mentality of so many armchair critics who have echoed that comparison. Macy and Fantasia have the same <i>speaking</i> voice, but they sing nothing alike.

Anyway, just wanted to say that I enjoyed Fantasia's interview on the final 3 special. This girl is just <i>so real</i>. She's just being herself and not trying to campaign for votes. Never once would you hear the words <i>competition</i>, <i>pressure</i>, or <i>stress</i> come out of her mouth. I love the fact that she's just having a good time and not stressed about the competition, she just wants to entertain us...that to me, is attractive. It took me a while, but I get it now. She's got my vote.

I think the Macy Gray comment illustrates what's generally lacking in music knowledge on the judges parts. Macy Gray was pretty much the most tangible person they could could think of. I remember they didn't even know that Peggy Lee sang "Fever" last year-- And these are music industry insiders!! Yeah, its really sad how that comparison has tainted most peoples perception of Tasia's talents.

On the point of Tasia just having fun and not being stressed out about it all, I agree. She knows that there are worse things out in the world that could be happening to her besides having to memorize songs, practice and present them to 3 sometimes meany judges on a weekly basis. Despite the hard work involved, she really seems EXCITED to be in the position she's in. She knows how lucky she is.
    Last edited by readingrhondakw; 05-18-2004 at 08:51 AM.

I thought it was a very important message Fantasia sent to young people when she said that after having her baby and becoming a mommy she had to mature fast. That was her way of telling people that it is not easy to raise a child, and she is taking full responsibility. Also, I don't think she would ever say that she regrets having the baby when she was 17, no loving mother would ever say that about her child, but she wanted to send a message for teenagers to think twice because life will change after having a child. There is lots of love, but with that love comes hard work.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

Bopping to my own beat! realityluver's Avatar
    While I'm still disappointed that LaToya is no longer in this competition, I must say Fantasia won me over last night. Her interview was great and her singing was even better.

I can't promise the 'Tasia fans that I'll invest the same amount of time voting for her as I did 'Toya, but I'll certainly throw some votes her way.

Here's to Fantasia becoming the next American Idol.
    Phenomenal woman... that's me!!!

I keep losing my keys!!!! royalcloudjumpe's Avatar
    I LOVE Fantasia's attitude. She comes off as someone I would enjoy being friends with.

"Eatennnnn" HAHA, she really cracks me up. I love it!
    Alanis Morissette - So-Called Chaos GO BUY YOURS NOW!!
    Mrs. Dalloway said she'd buy the flowers herself today.
    Diana DeGarmo, she almost had it all

She did very well on the interview and looked good too.

FORT Regular
    Fantasia is the only one of the three with the IT factor plus the voice to go with it. We all have to get behind her and vote!! Fantasia all the Way!

I must admit, i have been a fan of Tasia's since her audition and i have wanted her to win it since then. So its not a sudden change of mind that has me drawn to her. I would purchase the AI3 cd if she does not win just to have something to tide me over until her CD came out. Thats how much I would miss her beautiful voice.

I did want it to come down to Diva vs Diva, however with LaToya gone, im not to confident it will actually be that. Im not hating on Diana, she is just tooooooo energetic for this kid. And Jazz? well the way the voting has been goin, TASIA or DIANA might not make it to the final rounds. Oh well from one TASIA FAN im rootin for her, like I have since the beginning. AND PEOPLE PLEASE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE!!!!

FORT Newbie
    I've been a Fantasia fan since the beginning of the season, also. I even have a friend I convinced to start watching the show because I think she's that good (my friend agrees). At any rate, Randy was on the KTLA morning news here in LA yesterday morning and he said that Fantasia is like Mary J. Blige with a better voice. He's right. All the stuff about her sounding like Macy Gray is craziness--she never has sounded like that--because Fantasia isn't "bohemian" like Macy is; she's earthiness and street credibility. Besides that, Macy is a song stylist more than a singer. Fantasia is both a stylist and a singer. And she's hella good at both.

Quote Originally Posted by thablaquekatt
    I must admit, i have been a fan of Tasia's since her audition and i have wanted her to win it since then. So its not a sudden change of mind that has me drawn to her. I would purchase the AI3 cd if she does not win just to have something to tide me over until her CD came out. Thats how much I would miss her beautiful voice.

I did want it to come down to Diva vs Diva, however with LaToya gone, im not to confident it will actually be that. Im not hating on Diana, she is just tooooooo energetic for this kid. And Jazz? well the way the voting has been goin, TASIA or DIANA might not make it to the final rounds. Oh well from one TASIA FAN im rootin for her, like I have since the beginning. AND PEOPLE PLEASE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE!!!!
    Me too, I remember Tasia when she 1st auditioned and she belted out "Proud Mary" I liked her the most from that point on.
    Fantasia is fun and heartfelt, she definately made me not miss one episode this year. Fantasia deserves the AI title.
    Go Tasia, Go!!!!!
    leave the gun...take the canolis - The Godfather

Bopping to my own beat! realityluver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tishaLA
    I've been a Fantasia fan since the beginning of the season, also. I even have a friend I convinced to start watching the show because I think she's that good (my friend agrees). At any rate, Randy was on the KTLA morning news here in LA yesterday morning and he said that Fantasia is like Mary J. Blige with a better voice. He's right. All the stuff about her sounding like Macy Gray is craziness--she never has sounded like that--because Fantasia isn't "bohemian" like Macy is; she's earthiness and street credibility. Besides that, Macy is a song stylist more than a singer. Fantasia is both a stylist and a singer. And she's hella good at both.
    to the Fort tishaLA!!!
    Phenomenal woman... that's me!!!

+ Reply to Thread