+ Reply to Thread
Page 103 of 175 FirstFirst ... 35393949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113153 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1748

Thread: Fantasia Barrino - FINALIST

Fantasia has a way of singing a song that makes it her own. To me, that's the star quality she exudes. I really have my fingers crossed that she will win it all. She wasn't my first choice, but she's really grown on me during the season. IMO she's the only contestant left that has the maturity to take it to the next level and be credible.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

All this love for Fantasia is moot is we don't vote, vote....VOTE!

DetroitRockCity
    I loved Fantasia since the first time I heard her sing and I have voted every week as many times as I can until the voting closes. On the special tonight Randy said that Fantasia is a born star, like Elvis and Michael Jackson. High praise indeed. Of course, we already KNEW that. I'm glad he said it out loud though.

Also... Ryan SUCKS as an interviewer. He keeps talking about Tasia's bobo dance - give it a rest please!. He asked the most elementary of questions and brought up her child again. So many people already have issue with that and motherhood was already adressed on a previous special. I would have liked for him to ask her about her musical influences etc. Something else of substance for goodness sakes!

I thought Ryan did a good job. He really introduced her beautifully...amazing talent, compassionate person, zest for life. But I agree, the Bobo is getting tiring.

"Signed, Sealed, Delivered" was better than I remembered. Only Fantasia can rock the finale like it should be rocked!!!
    Remember when that small boy said she should win? Ha-Ha! Truth out of the mouth of babes....
    "The difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense."
    Good luck to the Good Guys on the Inferno!

FORT Regular

Babies=Truth Tellers

Quote Originally Posted by AIer_admirer
    I thought Ryan did a good job. He really introduced her beautifully...amazing talent, compassionate person, zest for life. But I agree, the Bobo is getting tiring.

"Signed, Sealed, Delivered" was better than I remembered. Only Fantasia can rock the finale like it should be rocked!!!
    Remember when that small boy said she should win? Ha-Ha! Truth out of the mouth of babes....

I thought that was cute too. Kids don't factor in all that extra mess, they just respond to what they like. Fantasia, I think appeals to adult sensibilities-truth, honesty,soulfulness- but she's not so serious that children and younger adults don't adore her. I think people underestimate her wide appeal too much. She's playful and really seems to be enjoying herself. Its infectious. Good hearted people respond to that.

Well, with two TVs going tonight, I have made a decision! Fantasia should be the <i> American Idol</i>! Don't faint...I know I wasn't too fond of her in the beginning.

However, we were watching "Motown 45" and I actually saw and heard Macy Gray sing. OMG, she's awful! She need assistance down the stairs and appeared higher than a kite. I screamed, "OMG, Fantasia IS a much better singer! She deserves to win this thing." Plus, her interview with Ryan went quite well, and it is her crazy, bold, silly persona that will make her a success!

Diana showed she can be a good #2 representative for American Idol. I wish her the best! I still feel bad for LaToya.

Kimberly Locke did a darn good job on the Motown show! Good for her!

Fantasia is Fantastic!

Fantasia is fantastic! her voice makes people feel all of the emotions she's singing about. If she isn't the next American Idol we will all know that the votes are rigged.

Quote Originally Posted by Kariann1
    Well, with two TVs going tonight, I have made a decision! Fantasia should be the <i> American Idol</i>! Don't faint...I know I wasn't too fond of her in the beginning.

However, we were watching "Motown 45" and I actually saw and heard Macy Gray sing. OMG, she's awful! She need assistance down the stairs and appeared higher than a kite. I screamed, "OMG, Fantasia IS a much better singer! She deserves to win this thing." Plus, her interview with Ryan went quite well, and it is her crazy, bold, silly persona that will make her a success!

Diana showed she can be a good #2 representative for American Idol. I wish her the best! I still feel bad for LaToya.

Kimberly Locke did a darn good job on the Motown show! Good for her!
    Yayy Karrian!!! You've seen the light!! Hallelujah!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kariann1
    Didn't catch the Motown special, but as someone who's been unfortunate enough to experience Macy Gray live, I have to say that if the criteria for winning American Idol was singing better than Macy, you'd have to make room for 12 crowns. While I give Macy credit for being a gifted songwriter, the judge's vocal comparison of Fantasia to Macy was a huge disservice to Fantasia and just shows the sheep herd mentality of so many armchair critics who have echoed that comparison. Macy and Fantasia have the same <i>speaking</i> voice, but they sing nothing alike.

Anyway, just wanted to say that I enjoyed Fantasia's interview on the final 3 special. This girl is just <i>so real</i>. She's just being herself and not trying to campaign for votes. Never once would you hear the words <i>competition</i>, <i>pressure</i>, or <i>stress</i> come out of her mouth. I love the fact that she's just having a good time and not stressed about the competition, she just wants to entertain us...that to me, is attractive. It took me a while, but I get it now. She's got my vote.

DetroitRockCity
    I would think that they would rig the votes IN HER FAVOR if anything because she is the most original artist that may ever come out of that show. They could then hold her up as a trophy of sorts to maintain credibility.

+ Reply to Thread