+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 175 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Fantasia Barrino - FINALIST

Quote Originally Posted by Katelyn&Carmen
    Wow.. she has a kid? That's gonna hurt her I think. I don't there's enough time to be the American Idol and a good mom.. unless she takes the kid on the road everywhere. I wonder how old she was when she had it.
    Fantasia has so much support! Her child will not be an issue when it comes to pursuing her dream of winning this competition! She's different, she has the entire package..... IMO no one else compares to her, but truly I think it will be between Fantasia & LaToya in the final 2...... we'll see!

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    I love her too. She's so spunky. When she got up to dance for after JPL performed on the WC results show first I was .

Originally Posted by SillyMamma
    It's not just the growl. It's the enunciation. (Or lack thereof) Lesh givem shumpin to tawkabow.

Yes, exactly! That drives me nuts. Shimply nuts!

I wonder if she kept quiet about the kid, thinking it would hurt her chances? She doesn't mention it in her idolonfox.com interview does she? I would think giving birth would be your proudest moment.

Never mind!!! She did list it as her proudest moment. I guess I just didn't read her interview, or didn't care to remember it. Thank you Fantasia.

Quote Originally Posted by Scillarella
    Never mind!!! She did list it as her proudest moment. I guess I just didn't read her interview, or didn't care to remember it. Thank you Fantasia.
    There was an article in the News & Record (Greensboro) Thurs....... Not available to copy (I tried)......Fantasia said "You haven't seen me give it my all yet"........... she also said "to look out for "SMOKE" on Tuesday!" No idea what she will sing....... She' s the "BOMB" of NC ....... You go girl!!! YOU'RE THE GREATEST!!!!!

She had a child; we've known this from her bio. According to her 'package' video, her family (mom, brother, dad, grandma) are esssentially the Church she grew up in and sings in. Much was bandied about teaching her the right values. She is apparently not married. Is there something we're missing here? Was it a mistake to focus so much on Church while ignoring the elephant in the middle of the room? Was this a naked appeal to "middle America" who picked "girl next door" Kelly and adored the squeaky clean Clay?

On talent, she's my pick to win at this point.

Far from what I expect will be trite "glass house" comments, I'm just trying to reconcile the use (abuse?) of the 3rd-generation Church-centred girl image with reality.

Is Fantasia the next "Harlemm Lee"?
    Last edited by ilean4clay; 03-17-2004 at 07:58 AM.

:rolleyes

What...you can't be a single parent who wants to teach his/her child the right values and be a regular church-goer, etc.?

Calm down, ilean4clay. Not everyone is perfect in this life. In fact, show me just one person who is.

Oh, and by the way...your halo needs straightening.

I can't say I love her voice, but I loved the way the audience reacted to her, it made the performance more enjoyable to watch for me.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Well, it didn't take long to get my trite "glass house" reply. Lucky me.

While I assume Fantasia didn't have much control over the content of her 'package', she wouldn't be the first to present a distorted image for personal gain on one of these shows. You are probably aware that Fame's "Harlemm Lee" was in fact a 1980's recording artist under another name. This was a shocking discovery to many and actually was never revealed on the show itself. As a contestant, he is/was a phony. My opinion, anyway.

I'd have much rather heard about her "most proud moment" than be fed how her mom, dad, brother and grandmother are all preachers and whathaveyous in her Church. After AI2 & Fame, I'm much more cynical regarding contestants and these shows.

It's unfortunately the first reply I see is the sort I expect on the AI official board; I hoped for something more rational here. Such lazy replies offer nothing.

Since folks are talking about this such as on the AI board, one can't help but wonder if the producers did her a disservice. Folks don't like the appearance of gross hypocrisy.

I suppose I'll just drop this here, sorry I even attempted to discuss this issue.

I doubt Fantasia had any control over the package, so I don't see how she can be accused of presenting a distorted image.

For all we know she could have talked extensively about her daughter, yet the show decided to present the church footage.

I can understand cynicism directed at the producers/editors of the show, but I don't see how the contestants can be blamed considering it is highly unlikely they have any input on how their "packages" are edited or on what elements of their life the producers decide to focus on.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread