Closed Thread

Thread: Fox Announces "Idol" Schedule!

Fox Announces "Idol" Schedule!

It's about time!

American Idol will premiere January 21.

"Idol's" one-hour audition/performance show will air Tuesdays at 8 starting Jan. 21, while the half-hour results episodes will be seen Wednesdays at 8:30 p.m.

Fox will air 90-minute editions of "Idol" on Jan. 21, 22 and 29, with the show settling into its regular air pattern on Feb. 4 and 5.

Of course, Fans of Reality TV will have extensive coverage of the show, including recaps by Lobeck and other great stuff!

Thanks for the update, John! I wonder if the 90-minute editions will be the "audition" shows and if the regular shows (cutting down from 30 to 10 and on) will be the ones that start Feb. 4...

I think the longer shows probably will be the audition shows, they were longer last season too.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Thanks for the heads up John! Last time I missed the auditions, so I'll be sure to catch them this time around.

And Lobeck, great to hear you'll be recapping.

Kylie, you have to see the auditions this time out because if they're anything like last season they will be highly amusing.

I didn't know whether to admire some of the contestants for having the bravery to get up their and "do their thing" or just be shocked that they're so delusional as to think they actually stood a chance of getting through.
    "That's Numberwang!"

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I'll have to watch it this time. I only saw the last 2 eps or so last year...but I think that was because it conflicted with the Mole.

Since nothing else is on, I'll probably give it a shot since everyone here liked it so much, it's gotta be good
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

JR.
    Ryan Seacrest was on Stern's show and said that they will be showing more audition footage because some of it was so bad. I might have to watch it from the begining this time.

I read somewhere, maybe I posted it here, that they got "5 or 6 Michael Jackson-types at each audition, complete with white glove."

That's pretty sad.

Heaven help us if it's so...

Closed Thread