+ Reply to Thread
Page 96 of 180 FirstFirst ... 468687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106146 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Clay Aiken

Re: Clay Aiken

Would be nice to see him again in this years final show.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

OK, so I've never really understood this. Why does Simon dislike Clay so much?

because he's a weirdo (like Taylor Hicks) who would never have seen the light of day if it weren't for American Idol. The winners/runner-ups are assets/revenue/cash flow to Simon. As it stands, those 2 investments have crapped out. Clay has become a buffoonery while Taylor can't even hawk chicken wings anymore. Simon likes his idols along the lines of Carrie Underwood/Kelly Clarkson...more conventional singers. Hope my explanation shed shed some light.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2793296;
    OK, so I've never really understood this. Why does Simon dislike Clay so much?
    It's easy. Because Clay was the first AI comtestant who proved that Simon was dead wrong about him.

"I don't know how to market you" was one of his first things he said to Clay.

And those constant "All you are good is for Broadway" remarks? Like it's very easy to get on a Broadway show...

Clay proved him wrong. He may be not as successful as some others AI contestants but he is successful enough for people to know his name.

By the way, some of those that Simon knew how to market... where are they now?

they should rename the show "Broadway Idol"; if you can't get a job, then your castoff to Broadway.

Clay is definitely 1 of the very successful idols. He's always on Jimmy Kimmel, Leno, GMA and other morning shows as a guest. He's had some acting parts such as on Scrubs, AMC, etc. Doing concerts, they sell pretty well and now on Broadway. This is all still happening nearly 5 years, May 2003 after season 2 ended.

If this isn't successful then I don't know what is.

Quote Originally Posted by Fudatskee;2793336;
    because he's a weirdo (like Taylor Hicks) who would never have seen the light of day if it weren't for American Idol. The winners/runner-ups are assets/revenue/cash flow to Simon. As it stands, those 2 investments have crapped out. Clay has become a buffoonery while Taylor can't even hawk chicken wings anymore.
    Do you follow Taylor's and Clay's careers?

because he's a weirdo (like Taylor Hicks) who would never have seen the light of day if it weren't for American Idol. The winners/runner-ups are assets/revenue/cash flow to Simon. As it stands, those 2 investments have crapped out. Clay has become a buffoonery while Taylor can't even hawk chicken wings anymore.
    Sorry, but that statement is amusing to me and pretty much sums it up imo.

Interesting. It doesn't amuse me in the least and might be considered narrow minded imo. But differences in opinion are what make the world interesting.

FORT Fan

because he's a weirdo (like Taylor Hicks) who would never have seen the light of day if it weren't for American Idol. The winners/runner-ups are assets/revenue/cash flow to Simon. As it stands, those 2 investments have crapped out. Clay has become a buffoonery while Taylor can't even hawk chicken wings anymore. Simon likes his idols along the lines of Carrie Underwood/Kelly Clarkson...more conventional singers. Hope my explanation shed shed some light.
    It shed nothing. Clay is the most successful male alumni from AI. Simon hasn't earned a dime from Clay since 2004, when Clay got out of his AI contract. He was the first one to do so and when Kelly Clarkson took Clay's advice and used Clay's lawyer to do the same thing in 2005, AI was really really mad. That's why they hate him and bash him every chance they get.

+ Reply to Thread