+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 180 FirstFirst ... 42828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102142 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Clay Aiken

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Re: Clay Aiken

WE believe that way, but trust me, there are people that are concerned about it and base their support of someone based on that one little fact. it's sad, really.

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;2763773;
    WE believe that way, but trust me, there are people that are concerned about it and base their support of someone based on that one little fact. it's sad, really.
    So true. I say if someone doesn't like your music because of your orientation they aren't worth it.

My sister came out as a bi-sexual just after her divorce. She was told, in no uncertain terms, by her girlfriend that she couldn't be a lesbian if she didn't like lesbian groups like the Indigo Girls. The sad thing is that this girl was serious. Thankfully my sister doesn't hang out with her anymore, she is trouble.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

So you think there are lots of people who would no longer support Clay if he came out as gay? Really? There are so many gay singers and entertainers these days that I think people should be forced to hold a press conference if they're announcing they're straight! In all seriousness, I have never thought one second about someone's sexual orientation when deciding whether to buy a track or album. My tastes range from Kanye West to k.d. lang to Regina Spektor to Madonna. Anyway, if he is gay and concerned about fan reaction, I feel terrible for him. You'd think his devoted fans would support him either way!

Clay got through his first weekend on spamalot, they really threw him in there, 5 shows in the first 4 days, but he did phenomonal, so the buzz says...300-400 people waited at the stage door the first night...and Diane Sawyer was seen leaving with her husband sunday matinee (I think that was the day) someone also sat by Roger Ebert the other day (poor guys struggling with health, I hope he got a laugh)

clays day off today, I hope he SLEPT! hehe
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

there's a few videos on youtube of him signing autographs at the stage door ... he looks like he went blonde!

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sushifan;2763973;
    So you think there are lots of people who would no longer support Clay if he came out as gay? Really? There are so many gay singers and entertainers these days that I think people should be forced to hold a press conference if they're announcing they're straight... Anyway, if he is gay and concerned about fan reaction, I feel terrible for him. You'd think his devoted fans would support him either way!
    Barry Manilow never admitted to being gay either. Both Barry and Clay have mostly female fans that would have their fantasies crushed if their 'idol' was openly gay. Even if Clay is gay he, like his inspiration Barry, will never admit to it publicly.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;2763700;
    I know that I would get a little indignant after the first 1,000 times someone asked me that question. If he had a little attitude about it, God bless him. I would have told them in no uncertain terms to find something else to talk about.

My patience would've worn out, long before Clay's did.

Barry Manilow's gay? My friend said he was but I never thought for 1 second that he was, still don't think he is. Until he comes out and says that he is, he isn't (for me). I don't think this would affect his fan base, not after decades of being a famous singer.

Thoughts of anyone possibly being gay has never entered my mind until someone brings up the issue. People can put ideas into another person's mind.
    Last edited by graycat11; 01-22-2008 at 10:46 AM.

Clay is supposed to be on The View this morning. Cool!

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

He had a great interview. I just wish he would put out a new album already. His hair is really really light blonde now. Again, I wish he would cut it. It's too long for my liking
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Clay is supposedly supposed to come with another cd album this year, after Spamalot. Who knows? This would be great if it happens, a summer of fall tour after his Broadway debut. I'm ready!!
    Last edited by graycat11; 01-22-2008 at 12:43 PM.

+ Reply to Thread