+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 180 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Clay Aiken

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    I saw Kelly and Clay on the Ryan show also. They both had a ton of fans there cheering for them. Like Clay said in the interview, he and Kelly have a similar style and play for similar fans. So, I'm glad to see that the fans are now excepting one another. Both of them did really well with the songs they sang. They are so comfortable performing for us fanatics!!
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I watched it too. They both gave a great live performance. It seems like they might get along well during their tour.

Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    I watched it too. They both gave a great live performance. It seems like they might get along well during their tour.

They do seem like they are getting along very well. They seemed to be teasing each other through the whole show.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Andrea, from what Kelly said on ET yesterday, she approached Clay to tour together because she WANTED the bigger venues she knew they could get together, and apparently Clay agreed. But, lets face it, Clay's fans are SO devoted to him, they'll go anywhere to see him live, so if he played smaller venues that would just make it really difficult to get tickets. I hope you enjoy the concert.

dosqueen,
    The Rosemont theater has 4100 seats. I don't know if that is considered large or small, but It seemed a lot smaller than the United Center. Glad to know the sound depends on the setup. I can only hope your right about Clay working hard to ensure there is not a repeat occurence. My sister said we should get one extra song because we were cheated when, at the AI concert, Clay's mic was dead.

I'm even more jealous now about the smaller, more intimate places, and especially that Clay will not be solo. I'm happy for Ruben fans though.

What is the VIC? I've been to very few concerts, but I plan on going to all of Clay's, but the next one has to be solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea
    dosqueen,
    The Rosemont theater has 4100 seats. I don't know if that is considered large or small, but It seemed a lot smaller than the United Center. ..

What is the VIC? I've been to very few concerts, but I plan on going to all of Clay's, but the next one has to be solo.

I thought you were talking about the Rosemont Horizon which holds at least 10,000 people. Am afraid I don't know of the Rosemont Theater-is it in Rosemont or is it Chicago?

As for the VIC, it's one of the few remaining older theaters in Chicago, on the Northside. Not too bad of a neighborhood really, in comparison with the Aragon Ballroom which is another smaller concert venue in Chicago. But actually I'm not sure Ruben's playing the Vic anymore because I didn't see it listed.

Anyway, be prepared for a spectacular concert experience-Clay will be doing some acoustic numbers!!

FORT Apache, The Bronx
    RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) - The white Italian-made shirt, black pinstriped pants and shoes that singer Clay Aiken wore in an early round of "American Idol" will be exhibited at the N.C. Museum of History beginning March 2.

Aiken, 25, wore the outfit March 11 during a Motown-themed "American Idol" during which he sang the Four Tops hit "I Can't Help Myself." He was one of 12 semifinalists at the time.

"Today's popular culture often becomes tomorrow's history; we are pleased to have objects connected to Clay Aiken's early success," said Elizabeth F. Buford, director of the history museum and the Division of State History Museums.

Aiken donated the clothes, which will be on exhibit until Sept. 6, then become part of the museum's permanent collection.

The exhibit opens the day after Aiken's sold-out concert in Raleigh, part of his "Independent" tour with Kelly Clarkson, the 2002 "American Idol" winner.

Aiken was the 2003 runner-up to Ruben Studdard. He has since released his first album, "Measure of a Man," featuring his hit, "Invisible."
    Last edited by lobeck; 02-27-2004 at 03:42 PM.

Clay shines in city he calls 'home'

Even Kelly Clarkson gets in on the fans' adulation

COURTNEY DEVORES

Special to The Charlotte News & Observer

"It's pretty close to a perfect day if I do say so myself," Clay Aiken beamed, as he finished singing "A Perfect Day" two songs into his set at Charlotte Coliseum Tuesday. "My first concert tour and I get to open it here, at home."

Aiken's appearance Tuesday in Charlotte wasn't just another concert. It was opening night of his co-headlining tour with "American Idol" first-year winner Kelly Clarkson.

For many area fans, the homecoming of last year's Idol runner-up and UNC Charlotte grad was an event. Two local fan groups, Charlotte Claymates and M'Aiken a Difference, gathered late Tuesday afternoon at area restaurants to share the anticipation.

For many the Charlotte date is just the first in a string of stops on the tour.

Lily Elkins, 14, of Durham and her mother plan on catching Aiken in Raleigh and Winston-Salem as well.

"I didn't watch the first `American Idol,' " Lily said shortly after Clarkson's set. "But I started watching the second one the night they showed Clay's tryout. I liked both Ruben and Clay, then Clay did `Grease' and I saw him sing in Raleigh and I was a Clay fan from there."

Clarkson, whose fiery voice rivals today's top pop divas, looked ever the down-to-earth country girl in baggy, ripped jeans, a vintage "Love That Country Music" baby T-shirt, and bare feet. The only hint of diva from the Texas native was her glitter eye shadow and the blue bustier and crop pants she later sported through Reba McEntire's "Why Haven't I Heard From You?"

Clarkson didn't seem to mind handing over the spotlight to Aiken. She even made her own "I Love Clay" tee. While she belted out gospel, jazz and pop numbers with energetic vigor, she saved the one-two punch of "A Moment Like This," her "American Idol" winner, and her No. 1 hit "Miss Independent" for last.

"I wasn't a big Kelly fan, but she was wonderful," said Amanda Garrett, 24, of Asheville, who wore a pair of homemade Clay earrings with two Clay faces hovering above her shoulders.

Spurred on by chants of "We Want Clay," Aiken surprised everyone by entering from the audience. His backup singers sang the first few bars of Mr. Mister's '80s hit "Kyrie," as Aiken joined in from the back of the arena followed by a swarm of security guards. Wearing a pin-striped blue shirt and tie, gray, striped slacks and white Nikes, Aiken soared through songs like "No More Sad Songs," and "Without You," a duet with backup singer Kiana Parlor, whom he met during his Idol tryout here in Charlotte. The duet is a new one, which Aiken recorded with former Idol contestant and roommate Kimberly Locke for her upcoming debut album.

When Aiken sang the lyrics "When you say you love me do you mean it" he was met with deafening cheers. Aiken played up his heartthrob image by pulling on his button-down shirt as if he'd tear it off during his current hit "Invisible."

Despite Aiken's local celebrity, the Coliseum was far from sold out. The top tier balcony was blacked out and second-row seats were made available the day of the show.

Thank you 4#24Jeff for the updat on Clay and Kelly's Tour. I'm glad to hear that these two are getting along. I can't wait for my concert.

Aiken played up his heartthrob image by pulling on his button-down shirt as if he'd tear it off during his current hit "Invisible."
    You would think the pasty white glare would blind most of the audience.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

+ Reply to Thread