+ Reply to Thread
Page 84 of 180 FirstFirst ... 34747576777879808182838485868788899091929394134 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Clay Aiken

FORT Fan

Re: Clay Aiken

9/27: Idol rewind season 2, Reba no. 1!
    By: Rodney Ho | September 26, 2007, 9:14PM EST

Brace yourself Clay and Ruben fans. The syndicated weekly show “American Idol Rewind” is back, airing season two starting this weekend (6 p.m. on WATL-TV Saturdays and Sundays and at 5 p.m. Saturday on WGN-TV). They have fresh interviews with almost all the finalists and semifinalists— including Frenchie Davis and the biggest loser Corey Clark.

Ruben will be hosting and Clay will help out, too. This was a fun season, the one that solidified “Idol” as a true phenomenon and we’ll get to see Atlanta’s own Vanessa Olivarez, too! (I just spoke with her and will post another entry about her whereabouts.)

American Idol Blog | 9/27: Idol rewind season 2, Reba no. 1!

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

YAY!!!

i didn't start watching american idol until the night clay sang "somewhere out there", so i'm THRILLED they're finally showing season two! they've been running season one for a freaking YEAR now!

and clay is going to be featured as the narrator every single week!! plus extra interviews! heres hoping for more of Clay in hollywood round!
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

Clay went to Jenna Bush's book release party yay clay, hob knobbin with the suits
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

FORT Fan

US Fund for UNICEF Ambassador and 'American Idol' star Clay Aiken attends a party to celebrate Jenna Bush's new book, 'Ana's Story: A Journey of Hope,' Monday, Oct. 1, 2007, in New York. The book by President Bush's daughter is based on the life of a single mother living with HIV/AIDS and proceeds from the sale of the book will benefit UNICEF. (AP Photo/Diane Bondareff)
    Jenna Bush on Yahoo! News Photos

FORT Fan

Clay went to see his buddy Ruben in concert at the NC State Fair last night.

FORT Fan

Breaking News!

CLAY AIKEN JOINS THE FUNNIEST SHOW ON EARTH

January 18 - May 4, 2008 on Broadway

Clay Aiken, who became a music superstar following his success on the American Idol television series, will join the Tony Award-winning Best Musical, Monty Python's SPAMALOT, making his Broadway debut in the role of Sir Robin, at the Shubert Theatre, New York, from January 18 to May 4, 2008.

Tickets are available online now at telecharge.com or by calling (212) 239-6200/(800) 432-7250.

Directed by Mike Nichols, who won his eighth Tony Award for his direction of the new musical, Monty Python's SPAMALOT has a book by Eric Idle, "lovingly ripped-off" from the screenplay of the Pythons' best- loved film, Monty Python and the Holy Grail by Graham Chapman, John Cleese, Terry Gilliam, Eric Idle, Terry Jones and Michael Palin. The music is by Eric Idle and John DuPrez.

Clay Aiken, who has sold more than 6 million albums; co-authored a best-selling book; and, played six sold-out concert tours, said "I really couldn't have asked for a more wonderful group of people to work with. Let's not lie, the chance to work with legendary creative minds like Mike Nichols and Eric Idle is, on its own, a reason to jump at this opportunity. But, that's not all. The producers and creative folks I have had the chance to meet and work with so far have been unbelievably welcoming and wonderful. They've really made me feel at home already, and I haven't even started yet!"

Director Mike Nichols said: "Clay Aiken is amazing beyond that glorious voice. Turns out he is an excellent comic actor and a master of character. People will be surprised by his wide ranging talent, since the first impression is of great country charm and a singer to remember. This guy is not only a star, he is a lot more. We are lucky to get him for SPAMALOT."

SPAMALOT author and original Python Eric Idle commented: "This is great news. I have been a Clay Aiken fan ever since I took my daughter to see him live on the second season of American Idol and she held up a big sign of his name. Maybe now it should read 'American Idle.'"

Other members of the SPAMALOT creative team include Casey Nicholaw (choreography), multiple Olivier Award-winners Tim Hatley (sets and costumes) and Hugh Vanstone (lighting) and Acme Sound Partners.

Winning more awards than any other show in the 2005 Broadway Season, including the Tony Award for Best Musical and the Grammy Award for Best Cast Recording, SPAMALOT has set box office records since opening on Broadway to critical acclaim in March, 2005 at the flagship Shubert Theatre.

Monty Python's SPAMALOT celebrates one year in London's West End at the Palace Theatre this week. SPAMALOT is also on National Tour around the US and is playing at Wynn Las Vegas. An Australian production will open in November in Melbourne.

Monty Python's SPAMALOT is produced by Boyett Ostar Productions, The Shubert Organization, Arielle Tepper, Stephanie McClelland/Lawrence Horowitz, Elan V. McAllister/Allan S. Gordon, Independent Presenters Network, Roy Furman, GRS Associates, Jam Theatricals, TGA Entertainment and Live Nation.

Monty Python's Spamalot - A Musical Now Playing on Broadway, in London, in Las Vegas, and on Tour

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

oh wow, yay for clay!!!

"...Clay Aiken is amazing beyond that glorious voice. Turns out he is an excellent comic actor and a master of character. People will be surprised by his wide ranging talent, since the first impression is of great country charm and a singer to remember. This guy is not only a star, he is a lot more..."
    we already knew that, didn't we?

clay on broadway!!!! in the roll made famous by a broadway veteran "David Hyde Pierce" Im so happy for him, he is gonna have a wonderful time and enjoy a new experience..I love what the producers and writer had to say about clay...glorious voice and an excellent comedic actor!!

you GO clay!!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Congratulations to Clay! How wonderful for him! He will be great on Broadway!!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread